It's already a new day and Tanjiro woke me up way too early for my liking. "We need to go and get something to hide Nezuko in!" was the first thing I heard in the morning, and here we are, in front of people that are currently cultivating the fields. We look exactly like opposites. I'm the one that is sleepy and would kill to sleep, while Tanjiro is shining as the sun, definitely a morning person.

"I beg your pardon... But may we take that basket and a little straw and bamboo?" Tanjiro asks, pointing in the direction where the bamboo is growing. "We don't mind but the basket has a hole in it," the man explains. "That's alright. Can I pay you?" my friend asks and I turn to him. "Tanjiro, it has a hole. Why should you pay for it?" I whisper but he ignores me. "No need. It's a broken basket," the man declines.

"Please let me pay," Tanjiro insists. "No thank you. You can have the other stuff too," the man says, shaking his head. "Tanjiro, leave it. It's obvious they do not want your money," I place my hand on his shoulder. "But I want to pay!" the boy shouts. "We don't want it! What a stubborn kid!" the man exclaims but Tanjiro grabs his hand.

"Just take it! It's only a few coins anyway!" Tanjiro slaps the money into the man's hand. "Thank you very much!" he then says, walking away with the things, leaving the man jump in pain. "I'm really sorry about him. Please forgive us," I bow to the pair and run off after my friend. "Tanjiro! That wasn't like you at all," I frown as I walk back to our cave next to him. "It's their own fault for not accepting it," he just states and leaves me to wonder, if this truly is Tanjiro or not.

"Nezuko... Hmm? Nezuko! She's gone!" Tanjiro says, as he looks inside our little cave, which now has a big hole in it. Hearing her name, Nezuko pops her head out of the hole, looking at us. "There she is!" Tanjiro smiles. "She was probably scared of the sunlight. But digging such a big hole must be pretty tiring," I talk to myself, watching how Tanjiro braids the bamboo sticks over the basket.

"Will you fit in here? I want us to travel during the day. I'll carry you. Get in. Here. The basket," Tanjiro points to the basket and Nezuko obeys, getting in there, her head and upper body only fitting there. "You're too big," Tanjiro states the obvious. "Hmm? Nezuko... You're as big as an adult. Can you reverse that and get smaller?" the boy suddenly has an idea.

"Smaller, Nezuko. Get smaller!" the red-haired boy says. His sister moves the basket upwards, still inside it, wiggles her legs a bit, and then there she is, as small as a kid. "Oh! Good! That's perfect! Good girl, Nezuko! I'm impressed!" Tanjiro pats her head. "Nezuko is not a dog. Even as a demon, she still understands what's going on," I sweatdrop at the boy who looks at me, surprised. Don't tell me that he didn't know that.

-

"To get to Mount Sagiri, you first have to cross that mountain. The sun will set soon. And you're going to carry that huge load? It's dangerous," a woman explains to us, as Tanjiro had asked the directions. It's almost night already and we should really hurry, because the demons will be out. Of course, I have the sword, but I have no idea how to use it to kill the demons.

"We'll be plenty careful. Thank you very much," Tanjiro bows to the woman, and I nod in agreement. "People really do disappear up there so don't get lost!" the woman waves to us a bit as her son clings to her haori. We walk up the mountain and when it's finally dark enough, Tanjiro lets Nezuko out of the basket.

"Oh! There's a way station. There's a light on. Someone must be there. Let's go," Tanjiro says, as we see a random house. I get an eerie feeling from there but I do not dare to say anything. My gut could just play around with me. "I smell blood!" Tanjiro suddenly shouts and now I know that my feeling was correct. "These mountains are dangerous. That traveler might be injured!" Tanjiro yells, dragging Nezuko with him as he throws the door open. "Are you all right?" he asks before he freezes.