𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏𝟑-𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭

↳ ❝ [Chapter Thirteen-Everyone's A Suspect] ¡! ❞

'*•.¸ ¸.•*'

THE FRIEND GROUP WERE all sitting outside on the campus, sitting on the benches, chatting with one another as Mindy stood up, making herself the center of attention.

"Okay, nerds listen up!" Mindy said, making them all stop and turn to her. "As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time. It's fine. Okay." She sighed as she took a breath, preparing herself to begin her rant.

"Okay. From what I see it, someone is trying to make a sequel to the requel." Mindy began, as Anika raised her hand.

"Um, what's a requel?" She asked.

"You're beautiful, sweetie. But let's hold questions till the end." Mindy said, as Anika smiled at her.

"Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro. Stab 2 took place in college." Sam stated, adding onto Mindy's claim.

"So, do you think the killer's trying to copy the movie?" Sloane asked.

"That is one possibility. Heroes now in college: Check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and/or body count: Check, check, check, check, check, and check." Mindy said, obviously referring to their newer friends, causing them all to be a bit confused by that statement.

"I don't like this." Ethan muttered.

"Me neither." Kit said, quietly.

"But, it can't just be about Stab 2." Mindy continued.

"Why not?" Drew asked.

"It would make sense if this were just a sequel. But we're not in a sequel, because nobody just makes sequels anymore."

They all looked as if they didn't understand what she was getting at, because they really didn't, as Mindy had somewhat of an excited grin on her face.

"We're in a franchise!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up. "And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise."

Sam sighed as she looked down. "I had a feeling."

"Rule one: Everything is bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count. Longer chases, shoot-outs, beheadings. You got to top what came before to keep people coming back."

"Beheadings?" Chad questioned.

"Beheadings." Mindy repeated. "Rule two: Whatever happened the last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by subverting expectations. If the killers last time were whiny snowflake film nerds with Letterboxd accounts instead of personalities, you can bet the opposite will be true here. And rule three: No one is safe."

Drew felt her nerves slightly risen at that last statement. Not for her, but for her friends.

"Legacy characters? Cannon fodder at this point. Usually brought back only to be killed off in some cheap bid for nostalgia. It's not looking to good for Gale and Kirby. Oh, and that's not even the worst part."