Chapter 1

(Lotte POV)

Today is the day i sign for my childhood club. After spending a year at West Ham my dream is finally coming true. I can't lie i am pretty nervous about meeting the team and i hope i fit in well. Last year was difficult in so many ways. My dad lost his battle to cancer a few months ago and my mum is finding it extremely hard to deal with it all. That's why since a few weeks i took my 10 year old sister Luna into my apartment and she has been staying here ever since. She told me mum turned to alcohol and almost got violent so she ran away. 

So right now i am on my way to the Arsenal training centre in London Colney to meet with Jonas and sign my 2 year contract. It was a bit of a weird time to sign a new contract as it was mid september as i took a few months of Football to process the death of my dad. In that time i felt that i was stuck, i needed change. So to move to Arsenal was the best idea for a new beginning. 

I entered the building and went to the lady at the desk and she checked me in and notified Jonas. ''So you're our newest signing i see, exciting to have you onboard!'' she said excited.

''Thank you this is a great club and team!'' i said matching her tone.

Jonas walks in and greets me and takes me to his office. ''Alright Lotte this is your contract, when you are ready we will go to the media room for the signing pictures and then the official announcement will be tomorrow. After that i will have Leah give you a tour here and since you're staying with her you can both arrange the rest of the afternoon''

Jonas had arranged that i will stay with Leah Williamson for the forseeable future. It kinda worked out since she was living alone. Luna and me haven't met her yet so i hope we all get along well. We arrived in the media room and took the pictures and i did my first interview as a Gunner.

Afterwards i saw Leah waiting for me in the back so i walked over to her. ''Hi i am Lotte Baker and you must be Leah?'' i said with a sudden boost of confidence. ''The one and only haha, nice to meet you. Come on i will show you around the place and then we'll go back to my place'' 

We walked around the training ground and she showed me every room and had some casual conversations. You could really see her passion for this club and that was always something i admired. ''So this was the tour i hope you enjoyed it and thank you for choosing Williamson tours'' Leah said with a grin. I broke out laughing. ''I didn't have a choice but i guess it was ok'' i said playing with her. 

We walked outside to the car park, me with all my stuff and kits. Tomorrow i have the day off so wednesday i can start training immediatly. ''So i assume you have all your stuff in your car? Can you follow me home?'' Leah asked. 'Home' that felt so good to hear that. After such a rough year i needed some stability and a safe place to call home. ''Yeah my car is packed so yeah i will follow you''. i said hopping into my car.

I was now driving down some country roads behind Leah, it was finally settling in that this would be my home for the next few years if not more. The plan was that i would unload my car and then pick up Luna who was staying with a friend from her school. Finally arriving at my new home and it looked amazing. A little bigger than my apartment at West Ham and finally a garden to enjoy in the summer. ''When you're done staring can i help you with unloading your car?'' Leah startled me snapping me out of my daze. ''Sorry i just never had a home with a garden like this so i love it, if you want to help please i have a lot off stuff'' i answered and we went to work. When we were done with moving all the stuff inside we decided to take a break real quick.

''So i was thinking that you can get Luna from her friend and in the meantime i will get started on dinner? And then afterwards we will get some basic stuff settled for you to sleep for the night and tomorrow you can properly unpack.'' Leah suggested and i was surprised how welcoming she was.

''Sounds great Le, i thought maybe we can do a chill night like movie night or something?'' I said starting to get tired and not wanting to do anymore unpacking.

''Ofcourse we can, time for me to get to know you guys! Also what is Luna her favourite meal? want to make a good first impression'' Leah said excited. 

''You already made a good impression for the both of us by letting us stay here, i know Luna likes chicken so anything with chicken will be perfect. I answered honestly and thankfull for Leah. For her it is also a big change in her life by letting two complete strangers live in your house.

I stepped in my car and drove off to get Luna, it was a 15 minute drive so it went fairly fast. Just as i pulled up i saw Luna coming out of the house. She stepped in and i immediatly brought her into a hug. ''How is Leah and the new home?'' Luna asked unsure of what to expect. 

''Dont worry Leah is great, and the house is amazing we even got a garden!'' i said getting excited. Luna nodded happily and stared out of the windows for the ride. I could tell she was nervous as she was always nervous when meeting new people. We pulled up to the house and i took her hand in mine and we walked towards our new home together. I knocked on the door since Leah forgot to give me a key. 

''Forgot your key already?'' she said smirking as she opened the door. ''Can't forget a key if you never got one'' i said laughing now. Leah realized her mistake as she facepalmed herself.

''Okay you got me, anyways hi Luna i am Leah your house mate'' Leah said bending down to Luna as she shook her hand. Luna went shy and only said ''Hi'' back. We went inside and sat down at the dinner table as Leah got our food from the kitchen. I saw Luna starting to smile as she saw her favourite meal. ''Luna i heard you liked chicken so i made some chicken pasta i hope you like it.'' Leah said waiting for a reaction. I was grinning as i knew this her favourite meal and i saw Luna getting really excited about it. ''Oh my thank you so much this is my favourite, this what we always ate at home'' Luna said finally opening up. We had some casual conversations but mostly me and Leah, Luna was very quiet. Maybe a movie night could be the chance for some bonding.