Halloween

Regulus got detention for a month straight. Three hours every single weekday. He didn't really mind it, Emory would sneak in and keep him company.

She couldn't spend much time in their room. Violet never fully forgave her what happened with Evan. She ran into the restroom and told her she wouldn't go on that date with him and that Evan was just stupid.

Then Violet made her swear that the two of them had never done anything while she was hooking up with Evan.

And Emory stayed silent. She knew she was in the wrong for kissing Evan, it was unfair. She was a bad friend to Violet.

It just hurt Emory seeing Violet forgive Evan. And it hurt even more when she forgave Evan but not her. She didn't understand why Evan was still pursuing Violet when he didn't want to be with her.

She was in the shower as Evan swore that their kiss meant nothing and he asked her on a date as a joke.

So maybe he did like Violet. That was fine with Emory, she never wanted to fall in love again, it just hurt too much.

"So violet and Evan are going steady huh" Regulus asked as he polished the desk.

"Yeah they're always in our room nowadays, whatever"

He glanced up as she was dirtying all the desk he was supposed to be cleaning.

"You could always hang out in my room, with me, well with all of us Barty and Theo miss you"

She smiled "okay after this we can all finish slughorns paper together"

He nodded. The boys really did miss her, her feminine energy was what made them feel comfortable.

So once regulus was done they walked back to the dungeons.

When she walked in the boys ran up to her and hugged her as if she had gone missing. She smiled regulus was so happy to see her smile again.

She laid on Regulus's bed and they spoke about all sort of things. They laughed so hard that night Regulus was sure he was going to wake up sore.

"I remember our first year, you were so blonde back then Barty" she laughed remembering and that made him turn red.

"I'm so glad I grew out of that"

Theo stood up "we should dye your hair right now Barty"

He shook his head very quickly "hell no, I'm never doing that, my dad would kill me"

"You can dye my hair Teddy" Emory smiled.

Theo gasped "wait really?"

She turned to Regulus "should I? Do you think it'll look good"

Regulus nodded "do it pretty girl"

Theo and Barty clapped "come on then lets do it before she changes her mind"

They all crowded the restroom.

"Wait can I borrow a shirt?" She turned to Regulus.

"Go grab any you'd like"

She ran out and he could hear her going through all his cabinets. He looked through the small sliver of the door. Her bare back was exposed. He looked away.

He was met by flashbacks of how he had her bent over her bed and how her back arched.

She came back in and sat on the chair.

Regulus couldn't remember the last time he had this much fun. He was actually smiling and laughing. It felt so weird to smile, it was almost has if his face had forgotten how it felt.

Emory loved her new hair. She also liked making her friends happy and that one night they were.

They all became scarily close after that night, they had even convinced her to go to the Halloween party.

She wore a short silk white dress, she could dress herself without Violets help now.

She was strapping on her heels as Evan walked in looking for Violet. She ignored him completely.

He sat on Violets bed staring at her. She looked sexy and tall, every inch of his being still craved to be with her. He hated himself for how he handled the Violet situation, he hated how his own friends now preferred Emory over him. He hated most of all how whenever he slept over Violets place Emory would sleep next to Regulus.

He watched her the entire night. She drank with his friends and he could hear her loud laugh from across the room.

"You've been staring at her the whole night" Violet stated. She looked sad, Evan didn't know what else to say, but his mark started burning.

"I'm in love with her, that kind of comes with the territory"

He turned to face her and she was already crying. "We're done Evan, go fuck yourself or Emory I don't care"

He saw a swarm of girls follow her up to her room.

He was glad he ripped off that bandaid. Now he could openly talk to the women he wanted.

"Can I talk to you Emmy?" He got in front of her.

"No thanks" she turned back around and faced Theo.

"I broke things off with Violet, talk to me, please"

She ignored him and walked to get another drink. Barty shrugged his shoulders "even you Evan Rosier can't get every girl"

"I don't care about every girl, just her" he followed her.

She poured herself a shot and took it by the time Evan arrived.

"Emory please stop"

"Leave me alone Evan" she walked past him

He grabbed her hand and pulled her close "Regulus is already engaged to someone else"

Her face changed "what?"

He nodded "it's already set for the summer we graduate"

She stepped out of his reach and went to go find Regulus, her mark started burning.

She lightly pushed him "you're engaged?"

The way his face dropped told her everything Evan said was true.

"Emory let me explain"

She shook her head no "it's fine, we're just friends right?"

"Emory please"

She took a step back, the tears were flooding her eyes "I'm happy for you, I am"

She walked back up to her room. The second she entered she was met with a slap across the face from Violet.

She didn't really feel anything, her mark hurt too much to feel any other type of pain.

She sat on her restroom floor and cried the entire night.