[19]

A small sigh could be heard from the other side of the door. 

It was Kana and she prevented herself from entering the room to ruin the little moment you and Akuto were sharing. 

After waiting for a few minutes outside of the room, she knocked on the door and waited for you to reply. 

“You can come in.”

Opening the door, she was faced with the same scene she left you both with. 

Akuto was laying his head on the table taking a nap while you were casually sitting in your chair looking at your nails. It made her question whether all that stuff she heard really happened in the first place.

“Here you go.”
Placing a full plate of croissants on the table, she slightly bowed and stood by the wall, waiting for you and Akuto to dig in.

“Aren’t you going to have any?”

“No, I'm not really hungry.”
Right after Kana said this, a loud grumble could be heard from the other side of the room. 

Letting out a sigh, you couldn’t help but shake your head. Why didn’t she want to eat? It’s really not that serious. 

Sighing, Kana slowly walked over to the both of you and sat down. 

“Maybe I can eat a little.”

“Let me help you.”

Mamoru took your hand and helped you get in the carriage. 

It was a little crazy since he literally lifted you up only using your hand, but it made sense since Mamoru was pretty tall. 

When it came to Akuto, Mamoru only lifted him up like a cat and threw him in the carriage. I guess men don’t get the same treatment…

Crossing your legs, you stared out the window and started pondering. 

You wondered if everyone back at the castle was looking for the both of you. Most likely, but to what extent? 

Honestly… you didn’t know what was going on anymore. 

First you got cheated on, then framed, you had to work as a maid, you met a fugitive, you met an unknown prince with a hair fetish, you saw purple trees, and now you’re here. All of these sequences made you question what was going to happen in the future. 

Would everything be as weird as it was right now..?

You looked over at Akuto on the other side of the carriage. You all barely even left the event and he was already knocked out. 

Just looking at him made you uncomfortable. Did he really go through all of that before he arrived at the castle… it just made you think about how easy you had everything a few months ago. 

Laying your head on the other side of the carriage, maybe it would be best if you took a nap in the carriage to conserve energy. After all, you felt safer around these people more than you did around the other people in this town. 

“This will be your room.”
You looked around the large space. It was nice, but not as nice as your old room. Anything was better than that wretched cell though. 

“Thanks.”

Before Kana could walk out, you suddenly remembered something you’ve been meaning to ask her.

“Kana.”

She completely turned around and was ready for any task you were about to assign to her.