akward encounters

After the kiss

After the kiss...everything just felt awkward. The pair didn't really know what to do. Avery tried to just pretend like it never happened, but Paul was always trailing in the back of her mind. Tugging at her brain begging her to think about him.

Paul on the other hand, was quite the opposite. He expressed his thoughts to Avery more than he did before, talked to her more than he did, he was even nicer than he was. Avery told herself that he was acting like a schoolboy, not some guy that was the heir to the throne.

That night at dinner was the most awkward of all, Paul's mother and father forced them to sit next to one another, made them talk to each other, eat together. There wasn't really much to talk about, since they didn't have much in common. So they made strange small talk as his parents listened in. Avery finally excused herself and Paul was quick to follow after the girl.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked "Ever since that day, you haven't been the same. What happened? You can't be nervous because we kissed once, because it's going to be more than that one day. So what are you so afraid of!?" He was angry, very angry.

She had to collect herself before she responded, careful not to say things she shouldn't. Running a hand through her hair, she says to him "I'm scared that I am going to fall for you Paul. Is that what you wanted to hear? I'm scared that if we take this further than this love-hate relationship we had before, I will fall in love with you. And i guess, that I'm scared that it's happening. And I quite frankly don't want it to." She said calm, and collected. A single tear drop slid down the young girls cheek before she turned her heal and left the boy.

That made Paul very confused. "She thinks she falling for me?" He thought to himself, "Am i falling for her?" He couldn't be, could he?

No, of course not. He couldn't. She's a know-it-all girl, with a bossy attitude, and a beautiful smile. "Oh her smile." He thought, he could could think about it forever. The way her dimples grew, and the light always seem to hit her teeth in the perfect places. "No, stop thinking about that" She's just an annoying girl.

But she wasn't, she was so much more than that,
she was Avery.

His Avery.

__________________________________

Hello my friends! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, I know I said that I would keep it consistent, but it's just been a rough, depressing couple of months. And i'm finally starting to get back into the flow of things! I love u all so so much!! Thank you for all of the love.

                                                                -A