CHAPTER 3 !

as the father daughter duo got in the car to make their way over to the Meeks-martin residence Dakota looked over at her father with a smile "thank you dad for helping"

"well someones gotta keep my daughter safe" he says making the teen giggle a bit

"I got Wes for that, dont I" she asks and dewey rolls his eyes

"but was he an ex cop"

"no but his mom is sheriff" 

"but he isnt" dewey says making Dakota laugh.

"can I put some music on" she asks and dewey nods. as Dakota puts the radio the first song that comes on was '𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓹𝓲𝓮'

"its our song" dewey says looking over at his daughter to see a smile planted on her face as she turns to look at him 

 'ꜱᴏ ʙʏᴇ-ʙʏᴇ, ᴍɪꜱꜱ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀɴ ᴘɪᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇᴠʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇᴠᴇᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴅʀʏ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏʟᴅ ʙᴏʏꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜɪꜱᴋᴇʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʀʏᴇ ꜱɪɴɢɪɴɢ, "ᴛʜɪꜱ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴅɪᴇ                            ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴅɪᴇ'

"god that'll always be my fav duet of ours" Dakota says laughing swaying her shoulders to the music a bit.

"not girls just wanna have fun? that was our best duet of all time are you kidding me" dewey says making Dakota laugh.

"alright, alright that was a good one" she says laughing before her smile drops.

"Kota whats wrong" dewey says holding onto the girls hand.

"what if something happens to one of us" she questions "I mean what if you cant protect me or no one can"

"Kota ill always be there to protect you, ill be your bodyguard" 

"ok? and what if while your trying to protect me something happens to you, and I cant protect you and help then your gone, dad you've been through this four times and you've almost died four times" 

"yeah almost died, im still here im not letting some kid in a ghostface mask kill me, no thank you" dewey says as he pulls into the Meeks-martin driveway, the two look ahead and see sam and Richie standing there looking at the car. 

"lets go" Dakota says getting out of the car and making her way to the couple standing there 

"holy shit you came" sam says looking at dewey 

"ive decided its time I get off my ass and help you's with this investigation" dewey says and sam smiles 

"thank you" she says as the four walk over to the door as Dakota knocks on it, soon after the door opens revealing Mindy.