The First time they met. (Vi-Rohika)

Virat.

Love

I have seen people in love. Starting from my childhood, I have seen the unbreakable relation my parents shared. The craving I had for something so pristine was impeccable, such that I wanted to harbour my own love story, which would be one of its own kind, different and beautiful from everyone's.
And I needed it to be true.

Just how I felt that, my dream of representing Indian cricket should be true.

My love for someone would be purer than a diamond, it will have the sweetness of the spring, warmness of the summer. It will more passionate than of that of Mirza's, unconquerable and unattainable like that of Alexander's victories. It would be delicate as she wants, stronger when needed, and the respite she wanted to reap after a day's tiredness.

In short.
I pray that the lord let my love for her be her shadow, protecting and caring for her every second. Let my love for her be the guiding light, always standing beside her, holding onto her in her dark days, and when needed, let me be her loudest cheerleader.

But, you don't get what you always want.

Do you?

"Hey, cheeks? What happened?" Rohit pulled me in a side hug, as I tried hard to hide my misty eyes, but the friend I brood daily was getting smarter for his own good, quickly held my hands, and stared at me in confusion.

" Nothing" I tried my feat at something I was terrible at.

" What! Oh. Okay. Guess I am not the one you need right now" Rohit aced at blackmailing, and my kinship was making it better.

"Stop your drama, Ro. I don't feel good." Rohit quipped in distress, made a scrambled face and smacked me vaguely on the back of my head.

"Ah! It hurts!" I relented.

" Exactly. Tell me what is hurting you." I stared at him for a while. His compassionate eyes, his comforting aura, broke me as I leaped on him and cried like a child.

" She broke up with me! Ro! She broke me up in the worst possible way." Probably I was choking him up with the intense hug that I scooped him in, but right now, I couldn't see anything before me other than the eviscerating pain I felt. I could feel Rohit's hand down on my back, running in circles, trying to calm me down, but the heart was still not ready to wipe its tears.

" Shush! Kohli, she didn't deserve you."

" Or maybe I don't deserve love" I separated my frame from his, as he smacked me again. Everything kept aside, I was gonna take a bloody revenge the next time he cries. I am gonna smack him two times, plus the more I am gonna get.

" Everybody in this world deserve loves, Virat. And there is someone out there who will love you selflessly, with out any question. Whom you will prioritize over anything, who will unconditionally bestow her time over you."

" You believe so?" My nose was flushed as if I was infected by flu, but the insecurities I had tied up in my mind needed to go away.

"Of course. If I can find love, you will too." His hands ruffled through my head, as I looked at him skeptically.

" Rohit?" I called out, as a question pondered in my mind.

" Was finding love easy for you?"

Rohit let a childish laugh. As cringe their talks were, they knew they weren't gonna stop.

" Harder than getting on the Indian cricket team. Painful than being dropped down from the world cup team."

Rohit's smile had a different pain.
I could see it.