Chapter 4: The Hazbin Hotel

With my hand on my hip, I stare at the building which is supposed to be my temporary home. The chaotic vibe of it all gives me thrills. How the hell did that ship end up there, in a vertical position?

I hesitate upon knocking. They already know I'm coming. At least, the Princess knows. Still, there is time to change my mind. Find some other way. I don't want to raise any hopes.

Lie... I don't want to get in touch with other demons.

Not that I'm afraid. I'm just... not in the mood. I'm never in the mood. And it's not in my plan.

But there's no way I'll find something better for myself right now, so I just knock three times and then push the door.

I don't know what I expected. But I didn't expect this... emptiness. The long welcoming space is painted a deep red, but it looks hollow. There are lots of frames on the walls. I stop to study one in which the Queen of Hell, Lilith, looks more like a movie star. Then, I see a picture with some gathered demons.

I hear a noise and turn to the chimney in which some fire still struggles to survive. It doesn't look like a place someone lives in. It looks like...

"Hi!" someone startles me.

She came from my left. The Princess.

"My name is Charlotte Morningstar!" she extends her hand. "But you can call me Charlie!"

I hesitantly take it.

"I'm sorry, but I seem to have forgotten your name!"

She didn't. I didn't tell her.

I wrestled with taking a new name. Yet, nobody knows of Diana. And when they might do, I'll be long gone.

"My name is Diana," I introduce myself. "Pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine!" she squeals. "I'm so happy you decided to stay at the Happy Hotel!"

"Isn't it the Hazbin Hotel?" I ask her.

"What?" she looks at me confused.

"Nothing. It's just... I saw the name of the hotel: Hazbin Hotel."

She sighs frustrated, muttering under her breath: "Damn him..."

"So..." I start, finding that I don't have any words to say.

"Yes!" she regains her nobility. "Would you mind answering some questions? Regarding your stay?" She gestures to a bar.

"Sure," I shrug.

I sit on a tall chair, resting my head on my hand. She goes behind the counter and grabs a notebook and pen. I wonder what she'll write.

"So," she starts, "first of all, why did you decide to join us?"

"Uhm..." I think of a nice way of telling the truth. Then I decide against it. "I, somehow, believe that..., uhm,... There should be something after... Hell?"