Chapter 2

Your pov;

I was walking on the side road, as i scrolled down my phone. I was getting really exhausted at seeing my classmates post, on their social media, having fun, laughing, having their best life. While I'm here, working and living like an adult, that i wasn't suppose too. I sighed as i put my phone in my pocket, scoffing at the thought of going home again. Few minutes later i was standing at our front door i could hear, yelling, as usual, i took a deep breath and hesitantly opened the door only, to see and hear my mom yelling, screaming cussing at Jeff again. Liu was watching them, and Jeff just looked at her not reacting. They didn't even notice me. Jeff's bag was on the floor, all his things was all over the floor, as mom was holding papers, test papers, i already knew what it was. "Do you ever learn!? You stupid child! I don't know what's wrong with your fucking head" Mom yelled, my chest then went heavy as anger grew in me, i then cleared my throat, wanting to catch their attention, as all eyes went on me. "You guys done?" I asked sarcastically, giving mom a glare, Liu then went up to me and went to my back. While jeff on the other hand, just looked down at the ground as he saw me. "Good thing your here. Your useless brother here, got an F on almost all of his exams!" She yelled, i then clenched my hand, as i started to rage "oh for god sake mom! Leave him alone! So what!? Atleast he tried." I yelled, as my mom glared at me, I didn't care, I didn't guve a flying fuck about her. I then went in, grabbing Liu and Jeff, to my room as my mom yelled at us for ruining everything. And shit, as i sat on the bed exhausted, while Liu and Jeff just stared at me. I moment of silence hovered the room, while i just stared at both of them. The silence was getting overwhelming, i sighed "...What happened?" I asked, Liu then got a little panicked, as he stutters "I-it wasn't his fault...i..i think i didn't teach him enough..." I nodded, and turned to Jeff "Jeffery?...Did you do your best?" I asked, with a soft toned voice trying to be comforting. He looked at me, he immediately started fidgeting his fingers, looking in any direction, he was panicking, i grabbed his hands softly, he looked at me and gave him a smile. He then nodded and looked away. I let go of his hands, "Did she hurt you in any way?" I asked, probably the dumbest thing i did, knowing he'll most likely just gonna avoid the question. But few seconds of waiting a small soft toned voice spoked. "No..." He spoked, i was a bit taken aback but smiled at him. "That's good...are you ok?" I asked again, i wanted to here him again, making sure that was really him. "Yeah.. I'm ok..." He stated, i suddenly hugged him, and pulled Liu in, he hugged us both. We then pulled out of the hug and i looked at him once again. An signals him to go to his room, he immediately went to the other room, as i threw myself on the bed as i looked at Liu, i grunted, "...can i get you anything?" He asked, i shook my head, "It wasn't your fault...and you know, you know that...No one's fault is this...other than mom ok?" I sighed, i felt a weight pressed onto the bed, he sat down beside me. "...Sis?...do you think Jeff's getting really weird lately?" He asked, i moment of silence, took over until i spoked, "...maybe he's really having a rough time in this town... it'll pass...i think.." i sighed, "I don't know... he's always hiding something...he doesn't talk to us anymore... I'm really getting worried..." Liu exclaimed, i then held my arms out, he went closer to me as i wrapped my arms around him as we lied on the bed. I facing his back, "... let's just keep an eye on him at school maybe he's having trouble..." I stated, he sighed, "what if he's getting bullied and we just don't know about it?...it make sense right?" He asked, it took a moment for me to think about every actions Jeffrey made. Well the constant hiding of skin, his lunch money was always gone, he comes home really hungry... despite his money being gone. Scratches, his back was so messed up too. It made sens6but I wasn't jumping into conclusions. "Well yeah...do you know who might be bullying him?" I asked, he immediately nodded, my face lit up, "who might that be?" I asked once again, "Keith and his gang..." He replied, "those cool kids?" I asked, well they were at Jeffs class, but they wouldn't... wouldn't they? "Yeah..." I then hugged him tightly, "Why would you assume that?" I added, "Well...i heard one of jeffs classmates, they were laughing and i heard one of them say 'Did you see what Keith did to jeff?" My whole body froze, but moments later I calmed down. "Then i want you to look after him ok?" I requested, he noddef and smiled, i let him go, as i stood up. "Well...i think we have to eat now.." i stated, as he stood up before me. We went out of my room and saw the table was ready, we were the only ones left. I then saw that Jeffrey wasn't there so i signalled Liu to go ahead, as i walk straight to jeffs door room. i knocked three times "Jeffrey?" I stated, suddenly the door opened, hr walked out of his room and didn't even looked at me as he went straight to the kitchen. I then glanced at  his room, it was a mess, dark and kimda creepy. And off i shrugged the feeling and went after him.