𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

"Tony, time for school bud," Stu shouted up the stairs. "We're gonna be late!"

"Cut the kid some slack, it's a Friday," you told him.

"Slack my ass, that's just how you end up with a kid like me. I can't handle a younger me running around!"

You just rolled your eyes and looked back at your computer screen. You had to finish this script by 3 PM and you weren't sure if you were gonna make that deadline. So now you were in silent internal panic mode.

"Where's Billy," he suddenly asked.

"Left for work already," you replied.

"Great. He definitely wouldn't've liked this."

Before you could inquire what he meant by that, Stu was trudging up the stairs, rolling up his sleeves as if to say 'I mean business'.

"TONY!! I'M COMING UP THERE!!"

And away he went. You looked at the stairs worriedly, before decided that whatever trouble about to occur up there wasn't worth it, and you were just going to focus on your work.

And a few minutes later, Stu was coming back downstairs, holding a limp child over his shoulder.

"When I say two minutes, I mean two minutes," Stu mumbled.

"Help! Put me down," the kid cried out.

"Nope. Should've been faster. Uncle Darry's gonna be here any minute," Stu told him.

"I thought the kids were sick," you said.

"They got better," Stu stated simply.

"I heard it was chicken pox! They had blistering sores all over their bodies like --"

"Okay Tony, that's wonderful, but please eat your breakfast," you said, cutting him off as quick as possible.

And then you turned to Stu. It was fairly clear considering it was Tony that his little description was going to go somewhere dark and graphic. And that meant you had someone to kill.

"Thought you said no big horror movies till 13," you reminded him, raising an eyebrow.

"It's not my fault! He found a copy of Nightmare on Elm street and wanted to watch it, and who were me and Billy to tell him no?! It's a classic!"

"It's okay! Dad said it would give me a good idea of what Chad and Mindy looked like while they were sick," Tony told you excitedly.

You took a deep breath, and began rubbing your temples. Then you pointed at your son.

"Anthony, go wait outside for uncle Darry. Now. And you," you pointed at Stu, who knew he had fucked up big time. "You have some explaining to do, Stuart."

Wordlessly, Tony jumped up and practically ran for the door. Your composed anger was honestly scarier than yelling and screaming. He grabbed his schoolbag from a cubby next to the door, and ran out to the front porch to wait for his uncle and cousins. Did the kids know they weren't related by blood? No. Did it matter? Also no. They were technically family whether DNA liked it or not.  Besides, you and Randy relied on each other for so much he might as well be your brother.

Stu quickly sat down where Tony had been before, sitting across from you and watching you nervously.  He was practically sweating bullets, and his eyes were wide like a cartoon character's.

"Whaddya need, babe," he asked, trying to seem confident.

"You said Tony found a copy of Nightmare on Elm street."