Celebration

Waking up to see the light shine through the curtains tells me that it is the day of the jubilee.
My door opens as my mum entered the room. She looked all cheerful and excited. She greeted me with my make-up artist and my hair stylist. To be honest, I was quite nervous, as it was such a memorable occasion. This was the moment that everyone was waiting for.
40 minutes later and my dress was on.

My make-up looked incredible and my hair too

From what I heard, the Queen would not be attending the concert. However, I had to see James again after we had been told that we cannot be near each other for the entire rest of the trip. During our stay my mother and father had been talking to the Queen in her office. I had tried to listen through the doors, but the guards told me that my parents don't want me to hear them. I was starting to think this had something to do with me.
Hours went by and the concert had started. I was stunned to see that many people in the crowd. It was thrilling to see all of them cheering for the music to start. As I sat down in my sweet, James's family had arrived. His parents seemed very disappointed in us both, as did my parents. The concert had gone on for a while and the Duke of Edinburgh left to go and get a drink as this was a very long event. After he had left, James moves over and sat next to me. As he did this he had a small smile on his face, looking like he wanted to apologize. I felt awful because if I had not agreed to sleep in his room, this would not have even happened and we would probably be allowed to be  next to each other.
'y/n, I just wanted to say that I am really sorry, I don't understand why my parents are being so harsh about this'. James said as his smile disappears. 'No don't be sorry it's not your fault' I said, wanting to make him feel better. 'I know what we should do y/n, we should go and have a little meeting with my parents and try and understand why they are so disappointed with us'.
As he said this my face dropped. I didn't want to talk to his parents about why they were disappointed, but I was too caught up in my head that I just nodded.