Chapter 1: Sakura's hatchling

Winter felt strangely warm. The strange warmth was safe, and a comfortable blanket was wrapped around her body. She concluded that she was inside some strange enclosed enclosure. She didn't seem to have any struggle with breathing inside of whatever she was inside of, which was surprising to her is that there didn't seem to be an opening to breathe from. She also was in a fetal position with her back curled. Her eyes were closed tight.

'Where am I? How did I get here?' She thought, confused about what was going on.

She strained her memory of her tiny head to try to remember everything her foster family, her death, and meeting a strange god, but she didn't remember anything at all. Her whole memory was completely wiped.

'I accept that my memory is gone. I just have to start this life anew.' Winter thought to herself from inside the warmth.

She moved her tiny limbs in the space. She discovered that she had a tail. She moved it as well. She hit the barrier around and realized that it felt like the shell of an egg. She now knew where she was. She quickly felt tired from moving her new limbs and drifted asleep.

'I can't wait to see the world!' Winter thought happily and sleepily.

~~~

When she finally woke up about three hours later, she heard voices outside the egg. They were more like grunts and meowing but translated into words inside her tiny head.

"The egg is due to hatch anytime, Emily," A deep masculine voice said.

"Yea, I know, Midnight! I can't wait to meet my tiny baby," A feminine said excitedly.

'I want to come out now! I want to meet my new parents!' Winter thought desperately.

She moved her limbs widely and kicked the shell of the egg."I'm coming on out now!" She said to herself mentally.

Her parents let out an excited squeal!

"Midnight, the egg hatchling!" Her mom gasped.

"Wow!" Her dad shouted.

Winter's kicks cracked the egg, and she finally emerged from it. Cool air rushed through her face. She gasped and took a breath of air for the first time. Winter started taking slow breaths of air.

"Wow, she is adorable!" Her mom squealed."What should we name her?" She asked.

"Sakura, it's such a beautiful for such a special color baby," Her father said with a smile.

"I agree a shiny baby like her deserves a beautiful name like Sakura," Her mom agreed.

'Sakura! That is my new name!' Winter thought; now named Sakura, happily.

Sakura tried to open her eyes, but there was a blinding light, so she shut them tight again. However, she could definitely smell and hear. She could smell flowers and the forest. She could smell a strong and mysterious scent coming from his dad. Sakura could hear the voices of the other Pokemon in the area. While she didn't have one sense, her other senses were more potent than usual. She tried to stand up, but her tiny limbs wouldn't support her. She let out a soft tiny squeal.

She suddenly felt her tail waving behind her. She turned her tail towards her face and felt the softness and fluffiness of it. She brushed it against her nose, causing her to sneeze cutely. Sakura squeaked in surprise as she fell back to the ground.

Her mother chuckled.

"Little Skaura, we don't play with our tails. Now why don't you come and sleep next to me?"