Prologue

The year was 1977, the well-known pranksters and mischief makers, the Marauders, had begun their fifth year

The year was 1977, the well-known pranksters and mischief makers, the Marauders, had begun their fifth year. The year was going normally, with pranks causing mayhem, school gossip causing drama, pressure for exams and schoolwork, typical teenage shenanigans, all this distracting from the impending darkness looming outside the beloved castle walls of, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Little did a well-known group, know what was coming, and how it was only the start of the tragic events set to unfold in their lives.

Everyone in Hogwarts knew that the Marauders, were always together, one never far away from the others. It had been that way since the orginal four started in first year, then in their second year, they added their fifth and final member, Arora Black. Arora was the twin sister to Regulus Black, a year younger then Sirius Black. She was close with both her brothers and the quitest member of the group Peter Pettigrew, but everyone even the boys themselves, knew the bond she shared with Remus Lupin and James Potter was on another level.

She looked to Remus for all her advice, whether it was drama going on in school, difficulties at home, or struggling with a spell, the pair were so like siblings yet, no one could replace the bond she shared with her brothers, even if Regulus and Sirius could barely look at each other, most of the time. Remus was protective of the younger girl, going so far as to hex any student who dared look at her wrong, something Sirius was pouty about given that he was often lectured, whenever he even twitched near his wand.

Then there was the legendary James Potter, unlike the other memebers of the group, Arora looked at him like he held the stars in his eyes, like just a smile from him could calm the harshest storms. She was entirely, head over heels in-love with the boy. Ever since she was twelve and James thirteen, when he stayed up all night, to help her with a transfiguration spell she just couldn't get, the crush developed into an undying love. Of course, with James being the oblivious boy that he was, he never noticed until one Lily Evans, put the idea in his head that instead of constantly being rejected by her, he should look to the girl who was always by his side, waiting to be noticed. Well, as they say the rest is history after that, or at least, that is how a simple, happy story would go.

The summer before their fifth year began, Arora had been informed that she was aloud to advance a year, meaning she would be in the same year as her older brother and her best friends, which of course meant more mischief.

The year began normally, with their normal back to school blast, consisting of pranks and parties but, the biggest news upon the students returning was 2/5 memebers of the group, now apparently dating. The weeks after the start of school feast, consisted of gossip surrounding the new couple, Arora Black and James Potter, however, you shall learn more about that over time for now, we must fast foreward to that Christmas of 1977.

The fifteen, almost sixteen year old Arora, was outside by the Black Lake, fiddling with the latest thing she had nicked from Filches office, the time-turner glittered under the moonlight, that was shining off the water as she fiddled with it being careful not to accidently activate it. She was currently waiting on her boyfriend, to get out from detention (which he was in because, he stupidly got caught putting dung-bombs in the Ravenclaw common room), and meet her like they arranged. Her attention was pulled from the artifact in her hands by the sound of leaves and twigs crunching nearby, she looked up frowning slightly, a warning chill racing down her spine.