Chapter 1

Rose was just a normal spunky sixteen-year-old who loved her life. Her parents were loving and always there for her. She was top in her class and in all the sports she played in; archery, softball, cheerleading and horseback riding. She was a radiant beautiful girl with long brown hair that always seemed prefect and her big brown doughy eyes seem that to be able to stare right into your soul but also comfort you all at the same time.

It was the last day of her junior year summer was about to start and she was ready for it. Her summer was going to be full of work, riding horses, and sitting out by the pool. At least she believed that is what she would be doing but little did she know everything was about to change.

The last bell ring and the students flooded the hall, Rose made her way out to the parking lot while talking to some friends. "Hey Rose!" Phil yelled from the other end of the hall waving.

Phil lived across the street from Rose since they were three, with their parents being friends naturally Phil and Rose were too. Phil was six months older than Rose and they were always in the same class in elementary school. Phil was a tall guy with dirty blond hair and bright green emerald eyes. He was very well built with muscles throughout. All the girls at school were all over him but Rose, she felt like he was the older brother that she didn't have, and he honestly felt the same way about her.

Rose made her way to Phil "Hey Phil you ready to go?"

"Yeah I need to get home anyways." He smiled and started walking out with Rose fallowing next to him.

They walked out to the parking lot towards his truck saying "Bye" to people that they passed. They got into Phil's truck and started to head home. Phil had been driving them to school since he could drive and even though Rose was driving, she still just road with Phil, it was cheaper on gas and sometimes she slept on the 30-minute drive to school as well.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" Phil said as he drove down the road.

"I have to work tonight." Rose looked at her phone and started flipping through social media.

"Okay what about tomorrow?" Phil glanced from the road to Rose.

"We are supposed to go teach at the stables. Remember?" Rose looked over at him and raised an eyebrow.

"I know I meant after." He chuckled.

"Nothing it's my day off so probably chill at the pool." She said and went back to looking at her phone.

"Okay well how bout we chill at your house together and then go to the drive in." he asked as he pulled into Roses driveway.

     "Sounds good to me." She smiled as she picked up her backpack.

"Awesome, have a good night see you tomorrow. In the morning do you want me to pick you up?"

"Yeah that's fine see you then." Rose said climbing out of his truck and she walking into her house.

"Hey Hun how was the last day?" Roses dad stood in the kitchen working on dinner. He was a tall bulky man with jet black hair and bight green eyes.

"Hey Dad, it was okay just really boring." Rose walked pasted her dad and on her way to her room. She then changed into her jeans and her work t-shirt. She worked at one of her parent's restraint, a little hole in the wall place but everyone in the town loved it.

That night at work Rose only had an hour left when she heard Lucy a redheaded, blue-eyed girl that Rose worked with hollered her name. "Rose you got sat." Lucy gave her a tray. "And just wait tell you see them, they look like a bunch of rich people that think their more than the president or something." 

Rose gave her a weird look not listening to her ramble. "Ummmm thanks Lu." She took the tray and walked out into the dining room. When she looked up she saw a boy with saggy blond hair and icy blue eyes. He looked to be around the age of 18 and had huge arms, man his muscles showed so well. He was in a black suit but had his jacket hanging over the chair. He had on a white button up shirt with a black tie. Then across from him sat a girl that had long dirty blond hair with hazel eyes, she was tall and thin. She wore a black beaded form fitting dress. Then on both sides of the table there was a gaurd that wore sunglasses even though they were inside.

Rose sighed, taking a deep breath and keep walking to them "Hi my name is..."

     The boy looked up at her with wide eyes "Grace-Ann?"

Benjamin had come to the states to visit his sister, she was in college there, and they also had to attend a ball for their father who couldn't attend. After the ball they were both starving, and his sister said she knew a good place to eat. They pulled into a small restraint that looked like it had come out of a country movie.

"Don't worry its really good I promise." His sister said smiling at the look on his face.

"I will hold you too that."  He said as they went in and sat down. "So dad says that the king and queen are done looking."

"I would say so, it's almost been seventeen years. They need to make peace and move on."

Around that time he heard the waitress start to talk, Ben looked up at her and his eyes widened and before he could let her say her name he blurted out "Grace-Ann?" The girl looked at him like he was crazy. Right then his sister looked up and her jaw dropped.

"Ummm no! Like I was saying my name is Rose and I will be taken care of y'all today. What can I get y'all?" the girl said kind of annoyed.

Bens sister went ahead and order. Then all Ben could say was "Same."
As she walked away Ben looked at his sister "Layla that's her."

"Now, now I will admit she does look like the queen and she does have the king's eyes, but that doesn't mean she's HER." Layla looked at her brother.

Rose walked away feeling weird. "What is wrong with that boy, he looked like he saw a ghost." She mumbled under her breath.

She walked into the kitchen and Lucy said "How weird was it?"

"More then you will ever know." Rose said still thinking about what all had just happened.

Ben looked at Layla and then pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Who are you calling?" Layla asked giving him a look.

He ignored her and put the phone up to his ear. "Hello father.... I think I found her...... Yes...... Alright I will....... Yes sir......" Ben hung up the phone "I am staying here longer to check on my theory."

"Oh Ben your losing it." Layla said with a sigh rolling her eyes.

After a few minutes Lucy walked by "Ma'am...... Um ma'am......." Ben waved his hand at her.

Lucy stopped dead in her tracks "Can I help you sir?"

"My waitress, what's her last name?" Ben asked.

"Laurence." Lucy said and then walked away.

Ben pulled his phone back out and called someone else.

"Yes I need you to find everything you can find on Rose Laurence. Thank you!"

Layla rolled her eyes her at her brother, he was really going crazy.

A few days later there was a knock at Roses houses. Rose had been at work all morning and was due home shortly. Her dad answered the door when a questioning look came across his face.

"Hello sir. I am here to talk about your daughter."