Chapter 2:

"Hello sir. I am here to talk about your daughter."

     "Rose? Is she okay?!" Roses dad started to panic.

     "Yes sir she is fine." When her dad heard that he sighed with releaf.

Rose pulled into her drive. Seeing a convertible had her questioning who was there, but nothing prepared her for what was about to come.

     She walked into her house "Hey mom, dad, I am home."

     "Rose come into the living room please." Her dads voice rang through the house. Rose flinched and thought of oh great what did I do now, ran though her head.

     Rose walked to the living room and paused "What the hell is he doing here?" She glared at the boy that was on the couch.

"ROSE!" her dad looked up at her with a warning look. "Look Rose there is something me and your mother need to tell you." Rose looked over at her mom and noticed the tears running down her face.

"Ummmmm........ Mom? Are you okay?"

"Rose when you were a baby we adopted you." Her dad tried to say it with a gentle ease but ended up blurting it out.

Rose froze "You.......... You............ You what?!" Rose felt like she had just been hit by a semi. She was...... she was what? She couldn't believe her ears. After all these years she wasn't who she thought she was.

Rose decide to shake it off for the moment there were other matters to attend to right now. "Okay....... Okay....... That doesn't explain what he is doing here."

Her dad went to say something but the boy jumped in "My name is Benjamin........."

"I don't give a damn what your name is or who you are. I want to know what the hell you're doing here!" Rose snapped at him.

"ROSE THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!!" Her dad snapped back.

Ben raised his hand "It's okay sir. I am here because I know your real parents or at least I think I know them." He paused and looked at Rose.

"I DON'T want to know them; they gave me up." Rose's face turned red.

"Well if your who I think you are then its more complicated, they didn't give you up." He walked closer to her.
She backed up. Then he said "Look I know this is a lot and it's hard to understand but if you could just take a DNA test for me........."

"A WHAT?!?!?!?! Are you CRAZY or just plain STUPID?!?!?!" Rose yelled eyes wide open with a look of pure shock.

"Look I can't tell you much in tell  I have a DNA test. If you're not a match then you won't hear from me again, but if you are a match well there's a lot to talk about." Rose looked into his eyes as he talked, they looked so sad.

She sighed "Fine I will do it, BUT when it comes back that I am not who you think I am, then I don't want to see you EVER again!!"

He nods "As you wish." Then he pulls out his phone and starts typing away. "They will be here in a few."

"Wait you're doing it now? Here?" Rose eyes widen.

"Yes they are trained I promise. We just don't want to do this in the hospital because we don't want anything getting mixed up." He said calmly.

Rose sighed taking a deep breath. How could her life just change this quickly? This just had to be a dream no way it was real.

After about ten minutes there was a knock on the door. Roses Dad answers it and walks the people in. They set everything up and drew the blood. After that they left and Ben said "I will be back tomorrow with the results." He then fallowed the others out the door. The rest of the night was a big blur for both of the teens. Rose just sat on the couch listening to her parents talk and tell her how much they love her but she couldn't focus on them her mind was all over the place. She was adopted and there was a possibility that he knew her parents. Ben......... Her heart skipped a beat. There was something about him that made her heart jump and also her fist ball up. She spent most of the night with her parents, when two o'clock in the morning hit she finally let her head hit her pillow although sleep didn't come.

Bens night was long and he got no sleep. He was at the lab waiting for results and on the phone setting things up.

The next day came with everyone on their toes. Rose passed back and forward by the front door waiting for Ben to knock.

"Rose come sit down." Her dad patted the seat next to him.
Just as she sat down there was a knock at the door. She jumped and ran to it.
Ben stood there at the door in khakis and a polo shirt on. He carried an envelope in his hand and a straight face that gave no answers, Roses heart started to race.

"Come on in Ben." Rose heard her dad yell. Ben moved around Rose but she couldn't move her feet, it was like they were glued to the floor. Her eyes locked with the envelope in Bens hand. When Ben got to the living room he saw Rose's parents on the couch holding hands, her mother in tears. Rose finally got her feet to listen to her and walked into the living room and sat next to her dad.

"There is not much time so I am going to cut to the chase." Ben took a deep breath while locking his eyes with Rose's. "The test came back positive so I know who your parents are." Her eyes grow wide mixed with emotions. "They will be here in about two hours."

Rose jumped up "THEY WHAT?!?!"

"When we found out last night they got on a plane to come here."

Rose started to breath heavy. She didn't know what to do or how to feel it all just came rushing to her.

"Rose there are a few things you should know." He looked at her praying she was going to not faint. "You parents....... Well they are a....... king and queen."

"They're a...... they're a ......... they're a what?!" she started to take faster shallow breaths.

"They are a king and queen which makes you a princess." Ben tried so hard to keep calm but he was even having trouble. He just wanted to hold her and calm her down.

"This, this can't be...... I...... I can't be." Rose started to hyperventilate as the room started to spin in circles. After a few seconds Roses head fell into her dad's lap as she pasted out.

Rose woke up not long after her mother saying her name over and over while shaking her.

"Mom..... MOM I am up!" Rose sat up slowly. "I just need a little time to myself." She got up and walked to her room. She laid down in her bed and looked at the ceiling. She just wished she could wake up from this nightmare. She closed her eyes and let sleep take over her.