01|HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

"Y/N! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?"

Your mom angrily asked.

You sighed, deflating on the cushioned bench.

You raised your hands off of Cheshire, and placed your fingers on the piano.

Your mother leaned back into the chair behind you, waiting impatiently.

"Oh, Cheshire, I wasn't listening at all...how will I play the piano now? I couldn't help it though, mother's droning was much too boring." You whispered, shifting your gaze to your cat.

"Y/N, are you going to start playing yet?" Your mother impatiently asked, tapping her fingers against the wooden frame of her chair.

"Um, yes, mother." You nervously said.

"Don't say 'Um', it makes you sound unsure." She instructed.

"Yes, of course." You dragged the word 'course' sarcastically.

"You see, Cheshire, in my dream land, the pianos would play themselves. And the staircases would be made out of pianos. Every time you took a step, it would play a note! Doesn't that sound wonderful?" You dreamily asked Cheshire, getting caught up in your imagination.

"Meow!" Cheshire meowed, and then gazed up at the piano keys before jumping on top of them.

"Cheshire!" You whisper-yelled at the cat.

The cat stood on the piano keys, and meowed.

"Y/N, start playing, I'm tired of waiting!" Your mom closed her eyes in frustration.

Before you could respond, Cheshire started to move.

And with his paws pressing the keys as he moved, a song began to emerge from the piano.

You could only gasp at the situation.

Your cat was playing the piano!

You blinked in shock as Cheshire continued playing, moving his paws across the keys.