Twenty-six | Breed

"Come here."

Sylvie screeched as Elias grabbed her wrist and dragged her on top of him in bed.

He was bed-bound by Kian, and Rowan was enforcing it particularly intensely while Sylvie just fretted over him like a mother hen. He had warned her to stop, but she couldn't help it. When he was all weak and floppy, he was just so cute. She had to take advantage of it.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll stop!"

"You said that already," he grunted, slapping her ass twice on both cheeks.

Sylvie howled and squirmed, giggling hysterically when Rowan barged in a hoisted her free, planting her feet on the carpet.

"It's our job to worry. You nearly died." He growled, yanking the discarded blankets back over his pale body.

Elias' jaw worked as he scowled at them both. "I did not."

Sylvie swallowed but nodded. "I mean... you kinda did." If it weren't for Kian's insanely quick thinking, organising a feeding tube to get blood into him, Elias might've not woken up. She shuddered. It wasn't something she wanted to think about.

"Kian doesn't know what he's talking about."

"I heard that!" Kian yelled from the kitchen.

Sylvie warmed and padded around the bed, grabbing a glass of blood from their new mini fridge. Rowan was so thoughtful sometimes.

"Here." She thrust the glass in his hand and jumped back as he swatted at her wrist, the grin on her face making her cheeks ache. It was so good to be back with Rowan and have them safe that even the little blip of Elias's portal sickness couldn't dampen her mood.

He sat himself up and cracked his neck. "I am not a weak invalid. I'd prefer you don't treat me like one. When are we leaving to retrieve Magnus?"

"We aren't," Sylvie replied quickly, eyeing Rowan as he paced the room. "At least not until you're fully healed. Kian said that would probably be at least two months. So we'll go then."

Lie. Kian had planned their trip in three days, so she wouldn't wait that long, no matter how much guilt it brought up. She pushed it down with a smile, reaching out to fluff Elias's pillows. 

Catching her wrist, he scowled at her and jutted his chin at Rowan.

"Have you been with Rowan since we returned?"

She blinked, huffing softly. "Yeah. I've been with him all the damn time."

"I meant fucking, Sylvie. Don't be obtuse."

"Don't be obtuse, Sylvie," she mimicked. "I liked it better when you were still loopy from Amira's meds."

He was super cute, only calling her his wife and kissing her like she were a precious gem.

His eyes narrowed, and he tilted his head over towards Rowan. "Go and be with him. If you come back here and aren't thoroughly fucked, expect a punishment."

When Rowan's eyes brightened and Sylvie's lips turned up in a smile, he chuckled low in his throat.

"It will involve both of you abstaining for a week. No touching. No climax. For a week." As he annunciated the terms of the punishment, Rowan jumped up and snatched Sylvie's wrist. 

"Let's go."

She grinned and let him pull her from the room, past a smirking Kian and to the lawn.

"Where to?" Sylvie panted, looking around them and wincing as she spotted a handful of shifters milling around the edge of the forest.