Chapter 36 - Boys

Around 2 a.m. Liana saw the golden ring on my finger. "Did Newt propose?" She gasped, taking my hand and inspecting the diamonds.

A smile formed on my face. "No, he didn't propose. It was a gift." My cheeks got red too. I still felt very fluttered.

"Did you give him something back?" Liana asked.

My breathing hitched for a few seconds and there the insecurity was again. "I have been thinking about giving him something too." I admitted. "But I don't know what."

"I think that whatever you give him he will love," Liana said. "Maybe a jewel too? A bracelet?"

"He already has a bracelet I made." I realized. So turned out I did give Newt a present once but with different intentions. The shell bracelet wasn't exactly meant just to be nice. "But it's not really a good-looking one."
Newt still wore it every day, though.

"Give him another bracelet. The blacksmith can help, right?" Liana suggested.

I nodded but thought of the fact I would have to search for diamonds or something else myself. It meant I would have to get past the woods. But as long as I made Newt happy, I would do it.

~

I woke up a bit tired but got out of bed anyways. Mivy's head was on my bed, her mouth wide open and snoring loudly. Liana was lying half on the ground and half on her bed, bags of food around her and even some chips in her hair. I sighed as I tried to fix my hair a bit.

Without waking the two girls up, I walked out of Liana's hut, on my way to breakfast. Frypan had made omelets with bacon and sandwiches, which I enjoyed after such a long night. Thomas, Minho, Newt, and Logan already sat at the usual table. Great. Now I had to be the one to talk about last night.

"Good morning!" Minho greeted, unusually happy.

"Hey." I groaned and sat down next to Newt and across from the other boys.

"You sure had a nice party." Minho grinned.

"Mhm." I started eating, ignoring Minho's glances.

"Sleep well?" Newt whispered.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Where did you sleep?"

"We actually had a sleepover ourselves. Minho, Thomas, Logan, and I," Newt explained in a normal tone so the others would hear it too again. "And Fry." He added.

"And that went well?" I chuckled, thinking about how Logan and Newt were supposed to sleep close to each other without bickering.

"I would say it went very well," Newt said, full of confidence.

"We bullied you for making out with Nora in front of us, you only got mad at Logan for that and not the rest of us, we talked about some secret stuff, bickered a lot, we arm wrestled, which of course I won with the whole time, stole food, we met Frypan and took him with us, he basically joined our sleepover, and even gossiped about you girls and stupid things we did once."Minho blurted out. 

Almost laughing I looked at Minho. "And what secret stuff did you talk about?"

"Now that... is a secret." Minho shrugged annoyingly, but his whole face turned red. So did Newt's, Logan's, and Thomas'.

Suspiciously I gave them all a glance, but didn't say anything about it.

"Minho did certainly not win with arm wrestling." Logan grinned. "Not every time."

"Most of the time!" Minho defended like a little child. "Oh, and Newt told us about your sleep-talking."

Newt's face turned even brighter red as he gave Minho a warning glance. Offended I turned my head. "Oh, really? Mind sharing it with me too?"

"You said I was hot." Minho grinned. "Hotter than anyone in the Safe Haven."

"No, she didn't." Newt sighed. "Something about the Grievicorns again, bouncy grass... Minho's hair, and cheese."

I frowned. "Cheese?"

"Your dreams, not mine!" Newt chuckled lightly. "But those were a few weeks ago."

"Oh, and we stole some of Gally's secret drink." Minho pointed out. "We got drunk."

"You got drunk." Thomas corrected. "And you klunked in my laundry basket because of that!"

"What?" I laughed out loud at the thought of Minho. "You sure had some adventures."

~

A/N:

What do you think it is that the boys 'secretly' talked about? Have some guesses!!