chapther 10

Some strands of his hair had fallen over his face and I took the opportunity to gently stroke them back. His hair was absolutely soft, almost fluffy and it felt like silk on my skin. I had no idea why, but as our skin brushed together, it felt like there were thousands of butterflies in my stomach and my hand rested a little longer than necessary on his cheek.

Why did it feel so nice to be near him? My fingers softly followed his jaw bone down to his lips, tracing over them, following their features. They were so cold and soft... they looked so kissable... Wait. What am I thinking!? Am I possessed? In sudden fear, I yanked my hand away, leaving a weird sensation in the tip of my fingers.

What was happening to me? I went outside, needing some fresh air. Next to the entry of the small house was a bench, where I sat on, leaning my head against the wall and taking deep breaths. The sensation slowly went away, on which I was glad for.

A few minutes had passed, when I got up and went searching for something to eat. Not long after, I found some wild clary. I plucked a few leaves from each plant, shoving them into my pockets. After a couple more minutes I plucked lots of dandelions and even found some wild garlic. I brought everything back to the chalet and went outside again. I knew I had heard water somewhere near this place. I surrounded the house and there was indeed a small well, there was even an old bucket. I filled the bucket with the crystal-clear water and carried it back inside, where I emptied the water into the large pot over the fire pit.

I repeated the progress a couple more times, until the pot was full. I exited the chalet once more to get some wood for a fire. After I set the branches on fire with two dusty flint stones and prepared some clary tea, to ease my nerves and some dandelion-salad with garlic.

I also infused Loki with some cooled tea, to prevent him from dehydration.

I sat the entire rest of the day next to him, drinking tea and sometimes nibble at some dandelion leaves.

I had a lot of time to think, but nothing made much sense in the end and it soon bored me into sleep.

Well, this went on for the next few days, only that I washed myself the other day we arrived there.

It was the morning of the fourth day, when Loki had reawaken.

I woke up, because I felt the movement of the timber matt and groggily had lifted my head. I honestly first thought, I would still be sleeping, but after I pinched myself I was certain to be awake and Loki was really sitting awake in front of me, his usual, mischievous grin plastered on his face. I slightly shook my head and gave him a crooked and a little tired smile.

Loki

In the time of my unawareness, I could still feel and hear everything around me. I only was not even strong enough to open my eyes. Tough I knew, the mortal had taken great care about me. I almost felt her presence the entire time and had felt, how she had stroke my hair back into place, how she traces down my features and influenced me some liquidation, so I would not dehydrate... Sally was a very unique person. All that I missed was her voice, the fact that she never spoke during those days and even now reminds silent, made me feel anxious. Though her smile was reassuring, it was nice... Wait. WHAT!? Pull yourself together Loki! You cannot fall for a mortal! Do not feel! Feelings are the death of the greatest plans! Your death! So quit the luxury of feelings and get it straight!

<< Hey Loki. Good to see you awake... >> Her voice sounded a little raspy and I gave her a small smirk. << Yes, it is good to be awake again, how long has it been? >> It was better for her not to know, I was the whole time subconscious. I looked around and found myself in a small room on an old, uncomfortable bed. She got up and went to a fire pit replying << today's the fourth day... You want some tea? >> I said, that I would like to try this 'tea', on which she slightly chuckled and some wood into the pit put. How was it possible, that she was so caring? How did she know, how to survive with nothing than nature in such a young age? She had taken two stones and clacked them together, on which the stones threw out sparks. After a few clacks, she bent down and carefully blew into the pit. Soon enough Sally had lit up a fire and had went outside. She came back with a bucket full of water and emptied it into the pot over the fire. She repeated this progress a couple more times, put some more wood into the fire and exited again.

I followed her with my mind and saw through her eyes. We were in a mid-summer forest. Many of the plants I did not recognize, though she seemed to head at a specific place. Resting at an old looking tree, she took out a knife and chipped some of the inner wood, after removing the bark. She plucked a large leave and put everything of the wood inside it, folded the leave and shoved it into her pocket. It was interesting to follow her thoughts and to watch what she meant by it. She was thinking about the different plants and herbs. If they are poisonous or good.

When she came back to the small building, she had harvested pine-wood, wild clary, forest-strawberries, dandelion leaves, sorrel, wild garlic, chamomile and lots of wild cherries. I was curious and irritated what those plants are and how they tasted... somehow.