chapter 1

CHAPTER ONE

۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ◦○.˚ₓ

val's pov:

waking up to ollie screaming into my ear was definitely something i could never get used to,

"CMON VALERIA WAKE UP,"

i barely had time to process what was going on when ollie suddenly flung open the curtains with his usual enthusiasm and sat down at the foot of my bed.

"it is way too early for you to be yelling right now," i said tiredly as i rubbed my eyes, to which he just shook his head,

"it is never too early to be yelling, stop lying around and lets go swimming, its our last week here and i wanna make the most of it,"

mine and ollie's family were staying at my house in antibes per usual whilst he was away on a business trip. we always come here every summer, just the moms and the children, tucked away in a coastal town in the south of france. my mom and ollie's, met way back in high school in england where they became best friends, and were inseparable ever since. which is strange because my mom is actually from seattle and was only there for the summer but what was meant to be a summer in england turned into something much more permanent. my mom first met my dad right here, in antibes, my dad's family owns a small resort here and my mom was staying there and happened to fall for his french charms and voila, they fell in love and my dad moved to england to start a family there with her. shortly after my dad moved to england, they got married and had me, but of course, ollie's mom also had ollie exactly a month before me. they bought a house right next to each other which led to me growing up with ollie and us becoming best friends, i always went to his karting races when we were younger and he always came to my math competitions, between the two of us, i was much more introverted whilst ollie made friends easily and everyone adored him but despite our differences we could never have been closer.

every summer we would go to antibes and spend a month there before we had to go back to our normal lives, normal being, ollie going back to training for his races and me, back to university. but this summer things were different, i got an internship at prema racing as a race engineer and ollie was finally moving into formula 2, which meant that we were gonna be working together for the whole formula 2 season.

"okay, fine, i'll be down in 10 but you better buy me ice cream later," i said, finally getting up,

"deal but you better hurry up," said ollie before rushing out the door, i walked towards my closed and quickly changed into my bathing suit and got ready before heading down the stairs. walking down, i could hear the sounds of the mom's talking and the sweet sweet smell of coffee, i made my way towards my mom and stole a quick sip of her coffee,

"good morning sweetie, i can't believe you're up this early,"

"yeah, ollie wanted to go swimming,"

"even i could never drag you out of bed this early," my mom said, sharing a look with ollie's mom. "well, have fun!" i gave her a weird look before walking out the front door to see ollie waiting at the steps,

"took you long enough," he said, getting up, "the last person to get in the water has to pay for ice cream," he said, before taking off and sprinting towards the beach,

"HEY, THAT'S NOT FAIR," i yelled, running after him, smiling at his childish ways, by the time we reached the beach, i was basically dying whilst ollie was still beaming with energy. i wished summer could last forever.