Chapter 3

Six years later, Opä sat in her hut with her friend Mawzo, waiting for someone

Six years later, Opä sat in her hut with her friend Mawzo, waiting for someone. When they heard someone enter, they looked up to see Ronal's parents. Opä smiled as she let them in.

"Good day, Opä." Ronal's mother said as the two hugged." Hello Fomlì, I'm so glad that you made it. Hello 'Ätso." She spoke up, and he nodded. "So we heard you wanted to speak with us?" Fomlì questioned as they stood in the hut.

"Yes, as you know, my eldest son will become chief in a few years, and I haven't really considered him having a mate." Opä spoke as Ronal's parents were listening. "And your daughter has been around my children since they were infants. And your daughter is a lovely child who will grow into a lovely woman one day." Mawzo stepped in after Opä.

"What she is trying to say is that she wants your daughter to be the future mate of Tonowari." He said and the parents' eyes widened at what he said." You want our daughter to mate with Tonowari?" Fomlì asked and they both nodded to her.

"Yes, and we are confident that your daughter will be an excellent match for my son." Opä said, smiling slightly as the girl's parents exchanged glances. "I'm not sure, Opä. I want my daughter to be with someone she loves, not because she feels obligated to do so." Fomlì told her, She didn't want that for her daughter.

"I understand, and it would be simple if my son was interested in the other girls in this village, but he hasn't shown any interest, and the time has come for him to find a mate." She told the mother and Fomlì frowned.

"I'm asking you now so that I can prepare her while she's still young." Opä informed her, and Fomlì  looked at her mate. "We'll do it." 'Ätso said, and his mate looked at him with wide eyes.

"'Ätso, I will not put my daughter in that situation. I'm not going to make her do it." Fomlì told her mate as he grabbed her arms gently." Please, my love. This is a great honor for our daughter. She will be the most respected woman in this clan." He told her but she shook her head.

"Please, the clan needs it." Opä informed her, and Fomlì looked at them, sighing before nodding. She felt bad for agreeing to this and worried about what her daughter would think of her. "Then it's settled; we'll inform the kids later." Opä said with a smile, and they nodded.

"I'll get started on some things for her. Ronal's training will begin the the next day." Opä stated as Ronal's parents nodded and walked away. When they went outside, they saw Ronal and Tsowäl swimming together. Fomlì frowned before heading back home with her lover.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

RONAL'S POV:

I watched as Tsowäl continued to dive underwater, collecting shells. I smiled as I held my bead necklace in my hand. Tsowäl gave me this bead as a token of our friendship when we were kids. He is such a blessing to have in my life.