Homesick

Female reader x Hailee
Hailee gets homesick after moving to a new city. Once she meets her hot next door neighbour, all of that changes.

Btw it's mostly Hailee's Pov. Hope you enjoy! :)

————————————————————————

Hailee Pov:
"How was your first day?" Griffin said while coming into my room.

"It was fine." I said coldly. I just want to take a nap, alone, that's all I need.

"Ok well, try unpacking your stuff. Maybe it'll help your feel better. I'll make dinner downstairs if you need me"

"Alright, thanks." Griffin shut my room door. I kicked around the boxes in my room a bit before opening one up. I dug though the box, looking for a blanket. "Here we go." I jumped onto the bed, closing my eyes, but not falling asleep.

My brother Griffin and I moved to LA just a week ago to continue our careers. I was so homesick, and I just wanted to see by friends back home. Not only that, but I was super tired and jet lagged.

"Hey Hailee," Griffin knocked on the door, "Our neighbour, she gave us some cookies if you want one." He opened the door and handed me the plate almost tripping on one of my cardboard boxes.

"Sorry, I'll clean it up later." I kicked one aside to grab my cookie. "Thanks."

After Griffin left I sat on the bed finishing up my delicious cookie. "I better unpack." I sighed.

Time skip.

"Het Hailee! The cookies are good right?" Griffin said excited to see me finally out of my room.

"Yeah, our neighbor must be a good baker. I'm gonna go out to throw my cardboard in the boxes."

"Alright. After that, come in so we can have dinner."

I threw on some slides and went out with my trash. I looked around my neighbourhood, most people were probably rich idiots and bitches. Oh look, there's one now, my neighbour next door. She was fixing her car. Though she's probably annoying, I gotta admit, she looks hot. A lot better than my crush back home. Uh oh.

"Hailee you coming?" Griffin yelled out the door, which made the girl look up. Wow, she has beautiful y/e/c eyes too.

"Yeah, yeah." I yelled back. Trying to make sure she doesn't see me while I'm in my grey hoodie, and some black sweatpants with my messy ass bun.

Y/n Pov:
My new neighbour's hot asf. Nice. I wiped off my sweat and and continued my work on my car.

Hailee Pov:
"I'm gonna go take a shower." I tell my brother.

"Ok, I'll finish up the dishes."

"Thank you Griff. For everything."

While I kicked around a few of the last boxes looking for my clothes I notice someone in the corner of my eye. I walk up to the building forgetting my PJ's for tonight and staring down the girl next door. She was only wrapped in a towel, most likely coming out of the shower. She started to take off the towel and changing. I knew I should be looking away, but I couldn't stop myself from taking a peek. Even though she was facing away from me, I could still see her beautiful wet hair, and water dripping down her smooth skin. I watched her put on her shirt, staring at the curves of her body. And her ass, jeez, is it hot in here? After she got dressed, she turned around facing her window, which faced mine, which in turn also means she saw me looking at her. Fuck. I ducked down and crawled away into my bathroom.

Y/n's Pov:
Once I finished changing, I turned around to close my window as it was cold. That's when I saw the cute girl next door sneaking a peek at my house. I don't know how much she saw, but I'm guessing a lot since she ducked down so quickly. I don't mind her watching me change since she's hot, and it's funny when she got flustered. I hope she muster's up the courage to ask me out. I walked up to my window and closed it, but I saw the girl crawl all the way to her bathroom, thinking I couldn't see her crawl. I chuckled to myself before closing the blinds and going to bed.

The next day

Hailee's Pov:
I finished unpacking, but not cause I wanted to. No, I'm way too lazy for that. The only reason I unpacked the rest of my stuff was so that I could go out and take out the trash so I could see her again.

"Griff! I'm throwing some more trash away!"

"Alright! Take the stuff at the front door too." Fine. You know who else in fine?

As I got outside I looked immediately to my neighbour's house and there she was. This time she was washing the car that she must've finished fixing. While putting the garbage away, I kept both of my eyes glued on her.

"Like what you see?" She yelled over at me. I took my eyes off of her and ignored a what she said. "Ok, I see how it is." I could hear her chuckle and continue by washing the hood of her car.

I look back at her, her ass now facing me. I guess I should give her a fair chance and talk to her. "So you like cars huh?"

"I thought we weren't doing this?" I gave her an annoyed stare, "Yeah, I guess. Cars are pretty nice, but I'm just fixing this one for a friend."

"That's cool."

"Wanna take it for a spin?" She asked excitedly.

"Now why would I do that?"

"Cause it's fun? And you can spend time with a hot girl like me."

"Totally." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh and you can also explain to me why you were looking at me through your window." She laughed.

"That's not fair!"

"Says you." (Y/n Pov) This girl has some attitude. (Back to Hailee Pov)

"Well, besides, you're a stranger."

"And I can change that. Y/n," she put her hand out for me to shake.

I rolled my eyes smiling and walked over to shake her hand. "Hailee."

"Stop rolling your eyes before they get stuck in the back of your head."

"Bitch." I whispered.

"Whoa there." She walked away to put away her bucket of water, some of it spilling on her. "Oh crap." She took off her shirt and threw it in her garage. "Alright let's go." She turned around in a bra and shorts. I stared at her rock hard abs, imagining what it would be like to sit on her toned stomach. "Stop drooling Hailee, and get in the car. It's nothing you haven't seen before." I wiped my mouth just in case getting a chuckle out of y/n cute lips.

"Actually, I was looking at your back, for your stomach."

"Ok smart ass." She began to drive off. "Don't worry, I'm a great driver."

"Should I trust you hmm?" I said like I was talking to myself, "You know I definitely know someone who drives way better than you."

"Fine, don't believe me, no worries I'll show you." Y/n smirked.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know, where do you wanna go?" Luckily she responded seriously.

"Hmm not sure."

"How 'bout some ice cream?"

"Definitely."

Time skip to the ice cream parlour.

"Do you not have a sweater or something?" I asked, hoping she would cover her abs.

"Why? Not enjoying the view anymore." She pouted.

I blushed. Fuck. The things this woman does to me. "No. I just don't want other people to drool over you too." I said. Y/n put her arm around my neck.

"Possessive already?" She chuckled, "I'm all yours Hails. Besides, I've already made half of this city fall for me."

"Aww that's cute, keep thinking that." I said sarcastically.

I got my chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and y/n got her favourite flavour and being the gentlewoman she was, she payed for the both of us.

Once we finished, y/n drove us back home, driving along the coast while we blasted music and sang along. I guess I'm not homesick after all, because I just fell for the girl next door and she made me have the best day of my life.

A/n: anyways just wanted some more fluffy and nice things before I post some angst heheh :) stay healthy and do things that make you happy! Love you guys

Btw, this story was a lot shorter than anticipated... 🤷‍♀️