• Chapter 1 •

~ Night, 12 AM ~

Dhyuti's Pov

I wonder how people don't get nervous before they start something new? Here, I'm, trembling with nervousness because it's my first day of college tomorrow. For someone, who has had a not so good school life, college holds a lot of expectations.
I fear, am I expecting more than I should? Will I be able to accept things if they don't unfold according to my expectations?

" Dhyutii! Soojaa " Maa called out from downstairs. I'm surely going sleepless tonight but I'll have to pretend I slept for them to not worry.

( Sleep )

" Haa, Maa! Goodnight "

( Yes, mother! )

I switched off the lights of my bedroom and got under the blanket, fully aware, I'm not going to get even a minute of sleep tonight.

I twisted and turned in bed till 3 A.M. and then, something unusual happened. I slept.
I slept a night before a new beginning. How is that possible?

~ Morning, 7 AM ~

I woke up to my alarm ringing at it's loudest, switching it off, I sat up straight on the bed.

New day, new beginnings, maybe, just maybe, a new life too. You got this dhyuti!

After giving a Ted talk to myself, I got up and went for a warm shower.

A warm shower? In the month of August? In Delhi? Only Dhyuti Agnihotri can relate.

Weird, check ✅

For almost 30 minutes, I let the water relax me and then I realised, I might just be running late.
Rushing out of my bathroom, I got ready as fast I could.

I chose to wear a kurti for my first day because Indian wear can never go wrong.
Pairing up the pastel green kurti with light blue denims, I ran downstairs but not before wearing my favourite pair of jhumke and putting a small black bindi.

" Goodmorningg " Maa and Papa greeted me at the breakfast table

I quickly took a glance of the table. Poha and chai, my favourite.

" Goodmorning " I greeted them back and sat down on my chair.

Papa was busy reading the newspaper like any other day and maa was scrolling through facebook while eating.

Why are they not excited or nervous about my first day?

" Dhyuti! It's 8:15 AM. Quickly finish your breakfast, or you'll be late on your first day itself " Papa instructed about 5 minutes later and I nodded.

He stood up from his chair and went in his room to get the car keys.

They were coming to drop me off today, I'll go by the bus from tomorrow. University is almost 1.5 hours away from our place. I already know that I'll hate travelling so much everyday.

" Done " I kept my plate in the kitchen and picked up my bag after washing my hands.

Documents? Check. Notebook? Check. Pens? Check. Phone? Check. Earphones? Check. Vasline? Check. Power bank? Check.

Anything else that I should be carrying? I don't think so.

" Chalo ab " Maa nudged me and I followed them outside. On our way out, we stopped in front of the altar to take blessings.

( Let's go now )

I hope I make friends, please baba.

I prayed to Sai Baba before stepping out of our home. Maa locked the main door while me and papa waited for her in the car. Once she came, we left for my university.

I doubt I've ever been so nervous for anything in life before. I feel like, I'm going on a war and everyone there is going to make me their prey. Will I be a warrior or a victim? Only time will tell.

" Don't stress yourself too much. It's going to be just fine. You're going to be fine. " Maa said from the back seat and I nodded.

I hope I'm maa, I hope.

" There is nothing you can't do if you want to. You're meant for bigger things, Dhyuti. You got this " Papa added to her motivational talk and in that moment, I didn't know if any of that made me feel better but it surely brought a smile to my face.

" I love you guys " I smiled at both of them and they smiled back.

" We love you too " They sang in unison and chuckled.
I chuckled too.

The way to university was beautiful, it had a lot of temples and everytime we passed by one. I closed my eyes and....just closed my eyes. I didn't know what to pray or wish for anymore, I know I'm going to be fine. I just feel it now.

" We're here! " Papa said after almost 45 minutes.
It was 9:40 AM. My first lecture begins at 10 AM.

" All the best! Call us anytime you need. Don't worry, you can do this. " Maa said after we stepped out of our car. She placed a small peck on my forehead and I gave her a nervous smile. I know she noticed that too.

" All the best " I side hugged Papa when he whispered that to me.

After waving them a bye, I walked towards the entrance.
So many others like me walked in and out too.
I saw a lot of other nervous faces as well, thankgod I wasn't the only one.

Before I took the left turn for my class, I looked back knowing my parents were still standing there and waved them a final bye.

I was in section C and the room number was 107 as per my admission letter.

It was on the second floor, right wing, as per the chart on the front gate.

It was 9:50 AM till the time I managed to find my class and enter a room full of students from various parts of the countries and some even from abroad.

There were quite a few seats empty, I chose one in the second row, extreme left corner.

I definitely don't want to be the lecturer 's highlight on the very first day. Corners would be great.

"Goodmorning class " Wished the first professor for my college life in her mid 40s.

_________________________________

That's it for the chapter lovelies! I hope you liked it, please let me know your views! ♥️
Waiting to read your comments ✨

Also, Dhyuti + Rizwaan = ?
What shipname do you suggest? Waiting for your suggestions!
For noww, byeee <33

Ps : Please let me know if there are any spelling or grammatical mistakes, your author can be a little blind while proof reading, hehehe 😭

See you in the next chapter!

Till then signing off
Mrs Karan Kundrra ❤️