two

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

[munì's pov]

it was the next day and everyone had finally been adjusting to their new lives. i had seen tay'ra a couple of times already, i tried my best to avoid her.

i also tried to avoid tsyal. i felt bad because i knew she had wanted to be friends, but her friend scared me. she seemed like the kind of girl you wouldn't want to get too personal with.

i sat alone in our mauri pod, beading together a necklace with some beads i brought and shells i had found earlier today. i heard footsteps at the entrance, i quickly turned around to see it was my mother.

i turned back around and continued. i didn't feel like being bothered, but i knew what was going to happen.

"what is wrong." my mothers voice came from behind me.

"nothing is wrong, mom."

there was a pause, i had thought she walked away.

"tsyal is looking for you."

great.

i didn't answer, i didn't want to talk about tsyal. i didn't want to talk at all. but i knew my mom wasn't going to leave until i said something.

"really, why?" i said with a sarcastic tone only i understood.

"i don't know. go talk to her." i turned around and faced her completely.

"i don't want to."

"why?"

"her friend."

she tilted her head, she was confused. "that means you can't be friends with tsyal?"

i scoffed and rolled my eyes while standing up, rushing out of the pod before my mother could say another word.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

i walked along the shore admiring the rocks and shells that covered the sand, i noticed neteyam and tuk were not too far away from me. i quickly walked over to them before they could get any farther away.

"hi guys." i said happily, finally being able to talk to somebody i enjoyed.

"munì!" tuk squealed. i pat her head as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"hi teyam, i haven't seen you all day?"

"busy trying to keep up with the others. didn't know it was so hard learning how to breathe under water." he joked.

"at least you have something to do." i shrugged.

"you don't? why don't you hangout with tsyal?"

"i don't want to talk about it-" neteyam interrupted me, "speaking of tsyal!" he said loudly.

"hi guys! hi munì!" she waved, she had a big smile on her face.

i felt a warm feeling in my chest when i saw tsyal. she brings me comfort, even when i don't want to see her. but how could no one want to see her? and that smile of hers.