The offer

Ben's Pov

I finally got off work after a 12 hour shift. No matter how much I wanted to talk to Danielle Rose Russell I need some sleep. So I walked out of the diner and saw my mom.

"Great like this day could get any worse." I sighed.

"You where supposed to mow my lawn! I told you to mow the lawn by the end of the day!" My mother screamed.

"Mom I moved out almost a year and a half ago.
You can't tell me what to do. And either way I've been working since six this morning." I scoffed.

"I can tell you what to do and I will I am your mother! I don't care if you where working or saving the world you do as I say!" My mom screamed.

She swung at me and I was way too tired to move out of the way. Her fist connected with my face and I fell to the floor.

"Hey!" Dani yelled.

"Mind your business." My mother scowled.

"Mom now your own damn lawn or hire someone to do it for you. I don't live with you anymore you can't tell me what to do. You can't control me anymore and you sure as hell don't scare me either. Now if you don't mind I'm going home to get some sleep." I said.

I stumbled forward catching myself on my car as my mom stormed off into hers.

"Are you ok?" Dani gasped.

"Fine just tired." I said.

I fell foreword and she caught me. That's when I passed out. I woke up in the emergency room my head pounding. I groaned sitting up in my bed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out from exhaustion. The doctor said you hadn't slept in months if that." Dani said.

"No I slept last... was it really last May?" I frowned.

"May was almost four months ago." Jenny gasped.

"Witch is why I'm prescribing you sleeping medication. You need to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night more if possible." The doctor said.

"Ha. Your funny. I live in an apartment that is breaking down. I don't exactly have time to rest. As it is I can barely afford that." I sighed.

"Let's put this in a way you'd understand if you keep going like this your going to die." The doctor stated.

"And if I move home my mother will kill me. So. I'd chose the loss of sleep." I scowled.

"Or. I mean we have been looking for a roommate since we moved into that new place. It's not exactly much but you could move in with us." Dani said.

"I'm good." I lied.

"She's right it's not charity. It's more like we are your tenants. We where planning on renting the room out anyway. I mean to make a little extra cash on the side. Like $400 a month." Kaylee shrugged.

"$400?! I pay like $2,500 a month." I gasped.

"See exactly you'd be saving money. Just think about it." Dani said.

I nodded as I laid back down the sleep hitting me hard.