[GRAPHIC] The Cycle (Pt. 1/4)

I awoke once more, screaming. My mouth was abruptly covered by a cold hand, forcing me back down to the ground. "Shush, they'll hear us." I gulped, turning my head to the right, relieved to see Karra once more. She removed her hand as I whispered. "..Who are they?" She huffed. "His army. It looks like going after him first wasn't a good idea." I sat up, brushing my hair back. "He came after us first, didn't he?" She squinted, looking around. "Either way, we're away from him now. I made sure to take you and I far from him." Her gaze softened as she looked to me, a longing feeling hanging in her eyes.

I smiled, sitting up and rubbing my face. "I'm glad to finally have a break." She laughed, then began speaking. "Trust me, Mythis. I believe my only purpose on this earth is to protect and love you." I raised my eyebrows, perplexed. "Why bring it up so suddenly?" "I want you to know. Even though all of this is happening so suddenly, I want you to know at least one thing." She grabbed my right hand, looking deeply into my eyes. "I want you to know that I love you." I felt my face become warm as I giggled. "Oh, I love you too, my dear." I exclaimed. My heart dropped as soon as I said those words, I couldn't believe it. She kissed my hand with her soft, tender lips. She took in a deep breath to say something, but she quickly was cut off.. 

quite literally. 

TW:// GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF GORE AND OTHER HARMFUL TOPICS⬇

A butcher's knife was suddenly shoved into her head. I could hear her skull violently crack as blood spewed from the top of her scalp like a fountain. The knife was yanked out as I looked up, a large group of men crowded me. Men that I had specifically never seen before. They didn't show any emotion, except for extremely wide eyes and dark eyebags. They looked down at me, breathing heavily with sweat dripping from their foreheads. They were all wearing the same outfit, that being a wrinkled dress shirt and roughed up black pants. They didn't wear any shoes, but extremely dirty socks. I gasped as a metal bat swung at my face, shocking me. Then, more of the men jumped in and furiously swung their metal bats at my joints. All the while whispering praises in hoarse voices. I wailed in pain, knowing I would have to accept my fate.

Although, I still tried to struggle and escape. I rolled over, but my head was quickly shoved in the dirt. I could barely breathe as they continuously damaged my joints beyond repair, eventually immobilizing me. They turned me back around, picking me up and carrying me. "Let me go!! I know all of your faces, I'll come back and report you to the po-" One of the men slapped me, effortlessly hushing me. Eventually, they stopped walking. One of them said, "Grab the dead one, throw her in first." Another man rushed back and retrieved the lifeless body of Karra's, carelessly throwing her down a deep well. I could hear the muffled sound of her body thudding against the floor of the well. "No- no, please!" I screamed for forgiveness, but the men threw me down the well anyways. 

I sobbed loudly on my way down, and when I hit the concrete floor, Karra's body was my cushion. A small splash of water went up into the air as I landed. I sobbed hopelessly, staring at her body in fear. Although, I couldn't move. I could only sit as my joints ached in pain and extreme discomfort. I tried my best to move off of her, but quickly changed my mind when I encountered horrifyingly large bugs that skittered across the floor of the well. If you didn't know before, you should know now; I have an extreme fear of bugs. No matter what size they are. 

The bugs started to crawl up the walls, some of them even crawling on me since I was in the way. As thousands of small and large insect legs crawled around me and even on me, I could only sit and pray that it would be over soon as hot tears fell from my eyes and stained my dress. However, it only seemed as if the line of insects was never ending. They just kept going and going, squeaking and skittering across the small space of the well. 

Eventually, the fear was too much to handle, and I blacked out. Funny enough, I had the weirdest dream. I had somehow found my way out, and Karra helped me. She threw down a rope, in hopes that I would climb it. Somehow, my injuries had healed. However, I fell from that rope due to my strength giving out. Before I landed on the ground, I woke up. I sat up, gasping for air. I looked around, extremely disappointed to see that I was still in the well. The overwhelming emotions I had felt had soon caught up to me as I began to sob again. I felt so hopeless, knowing I would be trapped in this hellhole for a long while. 

Many thoughts had been running around in my head. Most of which sounded like;

"What did I do to deserve this?"

"Is it really worth it?"

And the worst of them all,

"Will I be stuck here forever?"

I felt so lost  as I cried helplessly, praying to any god that might've been listening to my suffering. Every limb in my body throbbed in pain, and the worst part of it was that I couldn't even move. My back ached severely, I just wanted it all to end. No, I needed it all to end. However, my only option was painful. If I wanted a way out, I would have to starve myself. Funny enough, I was already doing such a thing. I either had to eat the bugs, 

or worse.

The decaying corpse of my best friend. 

Either way, I had no right to complain. If not for these options, I would have to eat my own flesh. Which, in this case, I would never do in a million years. Even if my life depended on it like it does now, I would still try to find something else to eat, even if it meant eating moss from the walls. Although, moss wouldn't be all that good for me to eat.. 

Anyways.

I looked up, staring at the small view I had of the sky and wondered how long it would take for me to escape. The sky was dark and full of stars that looked down to me, shaming me for what I had done to end up like this. They mocked me, laughed at me, pointed fingers at me. Suddenly, I felt a small drop of rain on my forehead. 

In that moment,

 I started to panic as the amount of raindrops rapidly increased until a storm officially crossed paths with me.