Comfort in the Mist

It was one of those nights for Senjuro. By one of those nights, meaning they got kicked out of the house by their father for "bothering him" again. (They simply wanted to make sure their dad was taking care of himself, really) Usually, Kyojuro was in the area to take Senjuro and him to a quaint inn that was located in the village they lived near, but it was different, Kyojuro was on a long mission at the moment so the poor kid had nowhere to go.

It was almost almost time for the sun to set and Senjuro was growing nervous, currently in the village hoping a family would allow them to stay there for the night, when they saw a figure they had recognized. It was the current Mist Pillar, Tokito Muichiro. It was surprising, because he was a pillar and had multiple duties to fulfill, but at the same time not so much, as his estate was only two short villages away from the Rengoku estate.

Senjuro went out to catch with the boy, maybe hoping to have him help find a place to stay.

"Ah, Tokito-san!" the younger boy yelled out, catching the mist pillar.

"Hm? Ah, Rengoku-san. Were you hit by a demon's blood technique? You look quite tiny..." Muichiro said as he turned to the boy.

"N-no, this isn't Kyojuro, it's his younger brother, Senjuro? We met once.."

"Oh, well I don't remember it."

"A-ah, I don't know what to say to that..." Senjuro didn't know what to do, they couldn't really sense what was going on in the air, but Muichiro could tell it was kinda awkward.

Muichiro lifted his eyebrow, "What are you doing out here, Sen, you should be inside it's getting dark out."

"Ah, well you see, I was, um, kicked out for the night and I'm looking for a place to stay..." Senjuro looked away from Muichiro's eyes, can't standing eye contact at the moment.

"If you need to be somewhere, my estate isn't far and you can stay there... there is always extra room."

Senjuro looked at the mint colored hair that was attached to Muichiro's head in shock, not believing he would offer that.

"Don't you have missions to do?"

"No, Oyakata-sama relieved me of my duties for the night... we should take our leave now, the sun is so close to setting." As Muichiro said that, he took Senjuro's hand and started walking to his estate. Senjuro has never really felt someone embracing their hand like that, and the hand they were holding onto were so soft and cold, but that didn't matter as Senjuro has naturally hotter hands, but they wanted to cry at the contact.

The walk to the estate was long, but not that long. Muichiro started humming a song Senjuro had never heard before, but it was nice and calming for the boy, especially since they had started to become overwhelmed with everything that happened in a few short minutes.

The estate was big, but not as big as the Rengoku estate. It seemed pretty empty, despite the few trinkets here and there. Muichiro said that decorating the estate was "too much work" so he did nothing. But, it had a nice charm to it, something that allows Senjuro to breathe.

Muichiro wasn't that good of a host, but it made Senjuro's heart warm, as it's the most care they have gotten from someone else that wasn't themself. It was near 11 pm when Muichiro had gotten together Senjuro's yukata to sleep in when Senjuro broke down after what seemed like months of holding in their emotions. Muichiro looked at Senjuro in surprise, not knowing what to do.

To try and make them feel better, Muichiro decided to do something that makes him feel better after a long day (not that he really has those, he typically forgets about it once he's in a position to calm himself down) he goes over to Senjuro, takes them to his futon and sits them down, and Mui sits in front of them and puts Senjuro's hands on his hair, letting them play with it.

Senjuro is confused, why is Muichiro doing this for them? From when they first met him, Muichiro didn't seem like the type to care about others. But as they continued to comb Muichiro's hair, they found themself to calm down, only a few hiccups here and there. Soon, the silky hair of Muichiro's started to lull Senjuro to sleep, their fingers slowly coming to a stop.

Muichiro felt the sensation and turned to the younger boy, going to take them to another room when he was stopped by the words of Senjuro.

"Tokito-san, can I sleep with you? Kyojuro typically does on a night like this..." Senjuro didn't need to say more, as Mui laid down Senjuro and climbed into the bed with them, Senjuro cuddled up to the misty eyes boy, feeling a warmth he had never felt before, and a funny feeling in his stomach. Muichiro reaches behind Senjuro's head and untied their ponytail, and started to play with the hair, when Senjuro put their hand on Mui's face, slowly bringing the two faces together, Muichiro slowly nodded his head yes, consenting to Senjuro. And eventually they both ended up falling asleep together.