Chapter 12: Mello's Struggle

While L and the others were bracing themselves for the battle ahead, Mello was grappling with his own demons. He was back from the dead, a reality that was hard to accept. He was once again in the middle of the chaos, the game of life and death against Kira.

Mello had always been impulsive, a hot-headed strategist who made decisions on the fly. But this second chance at life was messing with his mind. He felt disoriented, detached. He was haunted by his past actions, the choices he had made, and the ultimate sacrifice he had paid.

His past seemed to echo in his mind, a constant reminder of his futile attempts to take down Kira. His actions, his sacrifice, everything felt pointless. The nightmares were relentless, pulling him further into the abyss of despair.

One day, it all became too much. Mello disappeared without a word. He left behind a note, a simple goodbye, and vanished. His whereabouts were unknown, his intentions unclear.

The team was left in shock, their comrade gone without a trace. But they knew better than to go after Mello. He was a lone wolf, dealing with his troubles in his own way. All they could do was hope for his safe return, and carry on their mission.

Their enemy was still out there, the world was still in danger. And they were ready to face it head-on, even with one man down. The game was far from over, and they were ready to play.

Five weeks had passed since Mello's disappearance. The team continued their mission, all the while hoping for Mello's safe return. Despite the setback, their determination never wavered.

L was working tirelessly, piecing together clues and formulating strategies. The God Note, with its infinite possibilities, posed a significant challenge. But L was not one to back down.

Bear and Near worked together, handling field operations and gathering intelligence. They had become an efficient duo, their contrasting personalities complementing each other's strengths.

Watari, the calm amidst the storm, managed the logistics, ensuring smooth operations. He also provided emotional support, comforting and counseling the team in these trying times.

Meanwhile, Light continued his reign as Kira, the self-proclaimed god of the new world. With the world under his thumb, Light's influence was stronger than ever. But beneath his confident demeanor, Light was always on edge, aware of the resurfacing threats.

Five weeks of intense planning, strategizing, and execution. Five weeks of uncertainty, anticipation, and fear. Five weeks that felt like an eternity. The world was watching, and the next move was imminent. The game was far from over, and the players were ready. The stage was set, and the final showdown was about to begin.

Chapter 35: Mello's Solitude

While his former allies were strategizing and preparing for the confrontation with Kira, Mello had retreated into the solitude of an abandoned apartment in the city's outskirts. He had disappeared from the world, wrestling with his thoughts, tormented by his past.

Each day, he found himself staring at an old newspaper he'd kept. The front-page headline boldly declared the drop in the crime rate by 85%. This was the year L died, the year Kira's reign truly began.

Mello was no stranger to this fact. He knew the world had changed under Kira's rule, but seeing the tangible impact made him pause. His eyes scanned the words again and again, the numbers stark against the faded paper. Crime, corruption, violence, all reduced significantly.

But at what cost?

Mello found himself wrestling with this question. He had always seen Kira as a menace, a threat that needed to be eliminated. But now, he was forced to consider the possibility that Kira might actually be doing more good than harm.

But then, the image of L's death would flash before his eyes. The memory of Near's defeat at the warehouse, the sight of Watari collapsing, and his own death. All because of Kira.

Mello was torn. The world outside was safer, more peaceful. But the world within was in turmoil, filled with pain, loss, and death. All because of Kira.

As days turned into weeks, Mello remained in his self-imposed exile, wrestling with his thoughts, trying to make sense of this new world. His world. A world where Kira reigned, and he was alive once again. A world that was far from black and white, filled with shades of grey that blurred the line between right and wrong.

It was a world that needed saving, but the question was - from whom?