4: Eventful day

Inside the Vice Principal's office, there were two students, a girl with slightly dishevelled blond hair and a boy with an eye-catching red handprint on his left cheek, sitting opposite to each other.

The boy's slumped posture and light smile greatly contrasted with the girl's 'wanting to strangle someone to death' expression.

If she wouldn't have been informed by the librarian, she would have speculated that the former is the offender and the later is the victim.

The Vice Principal turned towards the boy and said, "Young master Sinclair, please explain what had occurred?"

Ver cleared his throat before proceeding to his explanation in a lively manner, "Well, I headed to the library to pick up a book, you know like a good student would, but then this seemingly elegant young lady suddenly charged towards me, tightly clenching her fist like a brute–"

"Who are you calling a brute?!" The girl immediately retorted.

"Obviously you. Were my words not clear enough?" Ver immediately snapped back.

She gritted her teeth and yelled, "You really have no shame!"

"Enough, Young lady Erika!" With just a word, the once noisy room quieted down.

These two are high-ranking aristocrats she reminded herself.

The Vice Principal then signalled Ver to continue.

Ver complied, "As I was saying, she clenched her fist like a brute ready to attack, I knew my delicate face would bruise and my jaw would dislocate if I get hit, so as an act of self-defence, I instinctively subdued her, but don't worry! Her head wasn't damaged."

"You call slamming me to the floor self-defence?!" Erika yelled, earning a cold glance from the Vice Principal.

Ver shrugged his shoulders, "If you view punching a random student as a greeting then I don't see what's wrong with my logic. Besides, I let you land a hit, which means we're even now." He pointed to the handprint on his cheek.

She clenched her fists as she yelled, "A light slap on the face can't equal getting slammed to the floor!"

"Well, you're not wrong, but since it's my face and my skin, it is equal." He said bluntly.

"Says who?!"

"The law."

"...What?!"

"Section 79 Article 6 states that those who are under the age of 18 and are unemployed but have contributed to the kingdom, like a refinement of existing spells, must not be harmed mentally and physically. To be honest, it's not even close to equal."

Erika couldn't tell whether he was bluffing or not.

"Well—...Your insane if you think your face is even as precious as dirt!"

Ver gasped. His look of pure disbelief briefly changed back to his nonchalant expression as he said, "Your right. It's as precious as gold, maybe even more precious."

"You aren't just shameless but also delusional!"

"I prefer the terms confident and creative thinker, but hey, use what works for you."

*SLAM!

The desk shook, and the stacked papers trembled and were threatening to fall. The bickering students instinctively looked towards the origin of the sound, and as a result, their eyes met with the Vice Principal's deep, almost murky blue eyes.

"May I ask why the young lady tried to attack the young master?" She said calmly.

The whole room fell silent.