ᶠᵃᵗᵉˢ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗʳᵘˡʸ ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵒᵛᵉʳ

"Lottie! Lottie, wake up!" Charlotte opened her eyes and immediately sat up, bumping her head into the person who was trying to awaken her.

"Why the fuck are you on top of me?" Charlotte rubbed her head, feeling for any bump that might start to develop.
She heard several gasps going around her room, making her open her eyes and stare at the occupants of the room and as she finally took everything in, her eyes widened.

"Lottie, are you ok?" The person moved away from her, kneeling beside her bed making her eye twitch.

It was a boy, maybe 17, he had tousled chestnut hair, and green eyes that shined from the sunlight coming through the window, he was in a black suit with a white shirt peeking out from underneath it. He wore a crest on his suit pocket which depicted a snake guarding a ruby, encrusted with a silver outline.

"I-" Charlotte stopped herself looking at the others, who seemed to be frozen in their places, they were all in maids' outfits with the same crest as the man on their aprons, except they were a little lacklustre.

"Sister, are you there?" Charlotte snapped her head back to the green-eyed man and gave him a once over, he was a handsome fellow, but why the hell was he calling her sister?

"My lady, are you quite alright?" One of the maids stepped forward raising her hand and making Charlotte flinch back. The man turned towards the maid and handed her one of the iciest glares Charlotte had ever seen in her life.

The maid stepped back in fear, her cheeks losing their rosy colour, her hands clutching her apron tightly, she stumbled, making one of the other maids catch her, she like the previous one had chestnut brown hair, and their wide blue eyes were similar to each other, they appeared related. Their facial structure is also coinciding with each other.

She turned her attention back to the guy when she felt someone squeeze her hand, he was now sporting a soft look, in total contrast to his previous sneer.

"I'm alright," she said almost as a reflex, making him sigh and pull her in his arms. She released a stuttering breath, and closed her eyes, relishing in some much-needed human contact.

"You scared me Lottie" he mumbled in her neck, "that vile woman doesn't deserve your tears"

"Right, she doesn't" Charlotte said back not knowing who he was talking about, but the dangerous aura coming from him warned her not to contradict him.

"Jasmine, go fetch the doctor!" Her brother shouted still holding her to himself, the maid which he had glared at previously ran almost tripping over herself.

She was back in just 2 minutes, making Charlotte question how fast she actually ran. She was almost huffing, out of breath, making her sister give her water discreetly.

The doctor immediately began examining her, checking her breaths with a stethoscope and eyes with a bright torch. Then he waved his hand in a particular practised motion making a red light appear from his fingers, his jet-black hair flying back. As the red light vanquished he nodded his head.

"Just as I had thought, the duchess fainted from exhaustion and she might have bumped her head as she fell because she seems to have a concussion" Yeah that sounded about right, wait duchess?! Charlotte was no duchess, she was the farthest thing from royalty. She looked at her brother, yes she had resorted to referring to him as brother till she learned his name.

"But why was she unconscious for two whole days," her brother asked worriedly, he had moved away from her, and had taken a place beside her.

"Might have been because she saw something which caused trauma to her brain like I don't know, the old duchess's death by her own brother's hands!" at that Charlotte's eyes widened, she scared away from her supposed brother's frame. Her brother glared at the doctor and surprisingly the doctor glared right back.

"I'm your uncle, Cacilius, I've seen maids change your diaper, you don't scare me" the doctor answered flippantly.

"Where's my father?" Cacilius diverted the topic when he saw that his anger was not answered.

"He is trying very hard to clear your mess, honestly couldn't you have killed her in the dungeon, did you have to do it in front of multitudes of people?" Her uncle said frustratedly, making cacilius' face twist in rage.

"She was hitting Lottie, I could not let that go, you know that Uncle Alan" he answered and pulled her back by her burying his head in her neck. She started rubbing his back as if on instinct.

"I'm not saying that she deserved to live but you could have been subtle Cacilius Oberon black! at least then Leo wouldn't have to clear up your mess" Alan shouted frightening the maids as they collectively took a step back. He took a deep breath calming his face and putting on a clearly fake smile, "You all are dismissed, and make no mistakes, if this conversation gets out, the river would be filled with severed necks"

All the ladies' eyes widened, they quickly nodded their heads, all in sync and rushed outside as if their asses were on fire.

Amidst this all, Charlotte's hand had stopped rubbing Cacilius' back, she was stuck in her thoughts.

'Cacilius Oberon black'

'Leo Oberon black'

'Alan Oberon black'

'Charlotte Oberon black'

She had heard these names somewhere, and as she was remembering where she heard these names her face was gradually taking an affrighted expression. She had heard this name in a reverse harem novel, where Rosella Friar was the heroine, where she had 6 admirers and Charlotte was the unfortunate side character who died so the storyline could proceed, for character development of one of the love interests, namely her brother, Cacilius black. Oh, how wonderful!

She was well and truly fucked, to be reincarnated in a novel after just dying and that too as a character whose supposed to die was really kick in the face. She could not believe that fate had again played her over, her death was already written. But she could not die, she would not, fates be damned. It was painful enough the first time, she would not like a second experience, no sir.