Chapter 1: The Misadventures of Lincoln

That's it! Enough! Lincoln had been hatching this idea for a long time, but at one point things went too far, far enough to make it happen. The thing was, the guy had spent the last year attending a sports section in town that his older sister, Lynn, had dragged him to. And so, he decided to quit and never come back. And it was all right at first. Yeah, Lincoln wasn't the athletic type, but he wasn't discouraged by that. On the contrary, there was even some motivation to play sports after he got bored of just sitting at home reading comic books. His mother had once already forced Lincoln to go to sports, seeing how much time her child spent at home. But back then that attempt failed, because Lynn went to sports instead of him. However, even this time something went wrong, even though he no longer resorted to that trick of his as he did last time, and now Lincoln is ready to crush everyone in his path, furious and, apparently, very offended by something. In fact, he was literally holding himself back from crying with resentment. It was a disaster for Lincoln.

Once inside the house, Lincoln decided not to show himself to the rest of his sisters, lest they ask too many questions about what had happened to him today. He literally looked like he was in a bad mood. When he went into Lynn and Lucy's room, he went straight to his older sister and decided to speak his mind. Fortunately, Lucy was somewhere else at the moment, probably coming up with new poems.

- Lynn! What's going on is a nightmare! - he said as he came into the room. At that moment Lynn was just sitting in the room doing nothing.

- Whoa, take it easy, bro!

- How can I take it easy? How can I take it easy when things like this get done?!

- You don't have to yell like that. Take it easy, Lincoln.

- You better tell me why! Why is it always me? What am I, the scapegoat, huh?!

At another attack by her little brother, Lynn, realizing that any constructive attempt to calm him down was useless, responded with a preemptive punch right in Lincoln's face. Linc recoiled from this unexpected blow and stared at Lynn with goggling eyes, not saying a word. It seemed to work.

- Quit it! Just tell me what happened already.

Well, it only seemed to work. And then Lincoln cried, for he could not stand it any longer. Would even his own sister hurt him the way the boys in the section had already done? Of course, his cries were heard by all his sisters, who gathered in the room at the same moment. Leni was the first to speak out.

- Oh, what's wrong? Linky, how did you get that bruise?

- Lynn! – Lori shouted angrily at Lynn, suspecting her of being the cause of their only brother's crying, - What have you done to Lincoln?!

- Oh, nothing! He was the first to come here and...

- Stop, - Lori interrupted her abruptly, - we'll deal with you later. Come here, Linky, - she said to the still crying Lincoln, - tell us what happened to you.

After that they went to the living room on the first floor, sat on the couch, and waited for Lincoln to calm down at least a little.

- I brought a glass of water, Linky. Here you go. It'll do you good, - Lola said as she brought it over. Drinking all the water at once, Lincoln put the glass aside.

- Feeling better now?

- Yeah, thanks.

- Tell us, Linky. We all listen to you, - said Lori.

- What's there to tell? I just wanted to deal with the abusers, and they wouldn't even let me do that! – said Lincoln, still in a state of anger, but no longer in such a rage as a few moments ago.