epilogue 1

i cant edit this rn so lmk if theres any errors

enjoy :)

tracklist:
*astronomy // conan gray
*because // stray kids
*what is love // twice
*deep end // stray kids
*satellite // harry styles
*wilshire // tyler, the creator
*chicago // sufjan stevens
*radio // lana del ray
*this love // taylor swift
*cupid // fifty-fifty
*die for you // the weeknd
*send for me // the national

⋆。°✩♬ ♪

four years later...

August 31st, 2027

part 1:
"~that was one nice ass" -seo changbin

Changbin didn't know why he'd agreed to go to the gala.

It was uncharacteristic of him to avoid an event like such, preferring to participate in informal small parties with cheap alcohol and unhealthy food as celebration. Not company-wide events with expansive guest lists that contained some of the most influential names in Korea. He'd started to receive invites to the lavish parties during the past year because of his work producing Ateez's discography— the group who'd hired him originally—, but had declined all of the offers.

Until this one. Wooyoung, an idol he worked with, had managed to convince Changbin to go by showing extravagant pictures of the delicious-looking food and drinks. And when that only slightly convinced the stubborn producer, the idol also slipped in that it was a good money-making opportunity. Changbin couldn't refuse that. He was well off by now, but days buying his groceries with the leftovers of his paycheck had left him always jumping for opportunities. Besides, Changbin loved his work, and it never hurt to be more busy as long as it didn't overwhelm and consume him. And, once he'd RSVP'd, he'd already received a request from his company of a person who was interested in his services and wanted to discuss at the party.

But god, was Changbin regretting that decision now. He had more money than he needed, was it worth it awkwardly standing in the corner sipping on champagne that probably cost the same price as twenty massive pizzas to earn some extra cash? Probably not, unless the job he secured payed a whole fucking lot, which was pretty unlikely since it was probably a rookie. His black suit was itchy and uncomfortable, and the leather shoes he'd been forced to buy to obey the dress code were making his feet burn, only increasing the urge to flee. The one offer of a job he'd received had stated to meet later in the night and it was becoming increasingly hard to wait.

So naturally, Changbin made the time pass by slowly downing his flute of expensive champagne and making his way through the delicious dishes wheeled around the room on the shoulders of waiters. Every time an important looking person approached him, he'd pretend to look distracted or shove a appetizer unceremoniously into his mouth to scare off the snobs. He had a secure job at a successful company, the only people he'd enjoy working for were chaotic little shits, not aging men with their noses turned up to the air. Case in point: Changbin had originally met Wooyoung when he accidentally set a sex-driven squirrel couple loose into the MAS entertainment building, only to find out when he entered the board meeting that the frazzled man trying to usher out two squirrels engaging in scandalous activities out the front door was who he would be working with for the next couple months.

Much more interesting. Changbin liked to live an invigorating life, and if that extra spice included horny rodents, so be it.

"Changbin!" Wooyoung burst out of the crowd of suits, his bright pink attire attracting disapproving glances from the rest of the crowd in boring colors of navy, black, and grey. But they didn't dare comment, because the man in the vibrant pink suit was more successful than most of them combined, no matter how many judgmental stares were pointedly aimed at the line of red marks on the idol's neck and the flamboyant fabric choice. "You have to meet my son. I think you'll love him."