Pedri - You Talk Too Much

The embarrassment ate away at me. I spent days crying in my room, trying to avoid anyone and everyone.

A week ago, Pedri confronted me, asking why I was acting so weird around him. I thought that I did well to hide my feelings, but apparently, I was wrong.

The whole thing wasn't entirely my fault. I'm choosing to blame Gavi.

We had all gone to his place after training, where we usually would hang out. Since it was getting hotter, everyone decided to jump in the pool. I decided to just dip my feet in since I was feeling much colder. Gavi took a seat next to me, and we spent a few minutes talking.

He whispered into my ear, asking if I had a thing for Pedri. Of course I didn't, he was one of my closest friends. Gavi said that I'm a liar, and that friends don't look at each other the way that I look at Pedri. I couldn't reply to him. All I could do was think about every single interaction that we've ever had. Maybe I did like him.

Gavi saw how upset I got and thought splashing water on me would be a good way of cheering me up. I did the same back to him and the day ended with him grabbing me and throwing me in. Safe to say, I did somewhat forget about what he said. Up until I got home, at least.

I spent the rest of the night going back to every time I've been around Pedri, right from the second that we met. Maybe Gavi was right. But what if Pedri noticed this? What if everyone else did too?

My imagination ran wild, thinking of all the scenarios. I felt like I had completely embarrassed myself just by being around him.

I couldn't look him in the eyes anymore. If the two of us were ever left alone in a room, I'd find an excuse to leave. I couldn't even stand physical contact. No hugs, no more sitting next to him.

I've been trying to avoid Pedri and everyone else. I tried to avoid making plans with them, stopped showing up to games. I just disappeared entirely. Up until Pedri showed up at my door a week ago.

1 week ago
"Y/n, open up. I know you're in there," Pedri said as he continuously banged at the door.

It doesn't sound like he's leaving anytime soon, so I decide to get up from the couch and talk to him.

I open the door, and before I can even say anything, he's pushed past me walks into my apartment.

"Well, hello to you too," I say rolling my eyes as I close the door.

"What's been going on with you? It's like you don't exist anymore." He says sitting down on the couch.

"I've just been busy." I lie as I go to sit next to him on the couch.

"So busy that you can't even text back?"

I just nod at him, and look away.

"Do you want me to leave?" He asks sounding hurt. I feel bad for being so rude to him, but I don't know how well I can hide my feelings.

"Pedri, I..." I begin.

"Was it something that I did?" He asks cutting me off. "Did I say something? Because the last few times I did see you, you barely spoke to me. It's like you couldn't even be around me." He starts to ramble on.

The sound of his voice tugs at my heart, every word of his making it seem like I hated him. It was the complete opposite, but I just couldn't show it.

I knew he didn't feel the same way about me. He had no reason to. All girls he could possibly want were already throwing themselves at him. Why would he ever choose me over them?