5.

Months have passed since the funeral. Shikamaru has yet to host another ball. People have been trying to get their families to marry him but hes declined. He wanted a blond, blue eyed boy. Today was going to be annoying one of the worst in shikamaru's books.

He was going to have an interview with the news so they will get off his ass about why he didn't inherit anything from his father. Shikamaru sighed waking up. He got dressed and out on his clothes. He wore black trousers, with a dark green buttoned up shirt.

Since he was off from work hes had a lot of free time to himself to do anything. As of yesterday he looked through the other 5 rooms in his house. That wasn't including the family rooms, pool rooms, and the basement. he looked at his time. The interview was for 8:00 am sharp.

Held at the front of his families house. It was currently 7:45. He had time to spare. So he went to his office. He's found the break away from work relaxful but he also had way too much time on his hands. So today he was going to stop by the monthly meetings held and check any updates on finding Hatake. if not then he would spend his time doing that.

But was they serious? Holding him away from work until he marries? He didn't want a wife, He didn't want kids. They was too troublesome. He still wonders how his father put up with his mom. He cooked a light breakfast when he was finished the driver was there.

Outside the car was his body guard lee. He was able to get in good with shikaku and because the nara family body guard. Only for shikamaru though. "Morning mr. nara." Lee stated helping shikamaru inside the car. Shikamaru nodded not wanting to talk.

When the arrived at the main house he saw his mother, temari, ino and the new reporters. So his mothers plans on forcing him into choosing one of them today. Shikamaru shook his head. He though he told his mother that he wasn't taking neither of them.

He got out the car walking tot he front podium. "Welcome everybody, I am Shikamaru nara the son of shikaku nara. As you all now I have not bee appointed second hand man to the emperor as the tradition goes. That's because as I am the inheritor of all his wealth and title I have to marry before being able to get any of it.

As I have chosen I will only be marrying a blond hair, blue eye boy. Not that we have that understood will there be any questions?" He stated. The news reporters wrote things down. "Yes Mr. Nara shouldn't you be marrying a women? Who will be able to give you children?" One of the female reporters asked. She was a blond with green eyes.

"No children are troublesome. And I wont be having any." He answered. More hands went up. "What about the future of the naras. Your of the main branch." Another female asked. Shikamaru nodded. he didn't care. There was more naras he would adopt one who was of age, he had nara blood and would be of the main branch to become the next emperor.

"What will you do now that you haven't been working?" A male reporter asked. Most of the reporters looked up awaiting his answer. "I will be going on a vacation to prepare myself for the next time I am back working." He answered. Everyone nodded. The right hand man to the emperor didn't get rest like normal people did.

They traveled when the emperor traveled. Attend meetings the emperor attended. And they did every work the emperor wanted. So for shikamaru to be taking a break it was understandable. With that the meeting was over. He went into the family house to see his mother looking at him with tear in her eyes. 

"Your leaving to travel for how long?" She asked. shikamaru nodded. He was lost. He didnt know what to do anymore. He wanted to take his father's spot when he retired not died. He wanted his father to see his ceremony when he was appointed the next right-hand man. He wanted his father to see him get married, not be forced to marry because of his death.

Why did he want to become right hand man again? He didnt know, ever since he was five he knew that he had a role to play. He was the next Nara family head. He had duties. He had a family to carry. He knew other Nara families the side families they seemed so much happier. Not having the burden on their back to carry.

"Mom i dont know how long. I need to find myself again. I need to find the reason i was coming back to japan. If i even want to become the right-hand man to the emperor." He told her. Yoshina nodded crying. She understood her son. After all her husband had the same journey when they was younger and he became the right-hand man when his father died. 

It was when there was war. his father died for japan. He died saving one of the older emperors. it was a part of the right-hand man's job. Give your life at the cost for the emperor. She helped Shikaku through his journey and his depression. But shikamaru didnt have anyone which is why she was worried. But her son was older he was going to find his way back here even stronger, and she knew that.

Shikamaru had called lee, and he was there to pick him up and drop him off at his house. He packed two suitcases of clothes and his smokes. He grabbed his computer incase anything happened, and he was needed to work. He then bought a flight ticket to Malaysia. He remembered his father telling him stories about his travel to malaysia. How he swam in the clearest water. 

Saw the most beautiful flowers there. He wanted to see what his father saw. He was about to get his flight in that night so he left. He couldnt stay in japan anymore. Not until he found those answers. 

----Sorry this chapter is short. The next chapter will be coming out today. And will be longer. ------