14~🖤

[Jeongin's POV]

I woke up feeling a wave of pain flowing inside my body. My vision was blurry for a moment and my head was aching a lot. I slowly gained consciousness and looked around.

The flesh-eaters were roaming around me and I was laying against the white wall covered in blood, alive. I cracked my fingers and pinched myself to check whether it was a dream or not. It wasn't.

I slowly tried to move my body parts and they did move. I was hella confused. As I remember, I was in the middle of all these zombies hovering over me...then I blacked out.

I slowly got up but was struggling to regain my balance. After wobbling for a while, I stood up. I took small steps towards the staircase.

While going there, I looked at myself in one of the glass windows. My appearance was messed up. I had bite marks all over my arms, neck, and face. I was covered in blood that dried up.

I was bitten several times but I'm still feeling, walking like a human. I didn't have the desire to eat a human. I didn't lose my voice.

I continued walking toward that classroom. I was feeling cold and dizzy. My throat was dry. While shaking I reached that classroom.

I stopped mid-way. Several thoughts ran across my mind. What if I have already turned into a zombie? What if I don't wanna eat a human right now bcoz I can't see any? But zombies are dead, I can't think if I'm dead. My heart would not be beating if I was dead.

But what if I later turn into a zombie? No, I won't enter that room. I can't risk the lives I saved. I will go away. They anyways don't like me. I bet they already forgot my existence. Seeing me still alive will annoy them both, let's go around this building instead.

[Hyunjin's POV]

I looked out of the window, I saw the basketball field. This time, the players were all zombies. I didn't feel good. I had my friends alive but I might lose them anytime. We are together now but someone feels missing.

Jeongin. Yes him. Don't ask me why but I genuinely think he deserves to be here. If he was alive, we would have had 10 arguments by now. That baby-like face surely hides a lot of secrets. He's a mystery I would like to solve.

[Felix's POV]

I wasn't feeling good. I was worried about my family. I saw my classmates turn into zombies and that scenario will surely stay printed in my mind forever.

I was sitting at a desk. The screams we earlier heard were all gone. It was only silence throughout the entire building. Occasionally, we heard some growls and slow footsteps. We assumed that some zombies were passing by.

I looked around me and no one was feeling good. I concluded that since everyone had a long face that screamed worry, fear, tension, anxiety, and sadness.

I found Hyunjin standing at the window and looking outside the basketball field. I didn't want to look outside cuz I know the horrifying sight will give me trauma.

I still went to Hyunjin. I don't know why, I just wanted to. "Are you thinking something?" I asked. "Yeah, more like about someone," he replied. I was curious, Hyunjin never liked making friends and he hates interacting with humans. I and Chan were, however, some exceptions.

"Who caught your attention?" I asked. "Not in that way. I am just regretting something badly," he answered. "You know you can share stuff with me and Chan," I stated.

[Hyunjin's POV]

I wanted to tell Felix about my thoughts but I was afraid of something. Felix, since that day, hated Jeongin. He viewed him as an asshole.

Now if I tell him that I'm thinking about the only person he hates, what will be the outcome? I didn't share my thoughts with him for the first time.

"It's nothing serious. I argued with my brother. I'm just regretting what I did and said to him," I lied. "Oh, it's okay. Fights happen, just solve it once this situation gets better," he reassured me and gave me a back hug.

[Minho's POV]

I was sitting at a desk beside Han. None of us were talking. I still regretted talking that way to Jeongin. I don't know why but he wasn't leaving my thoughts.

"Minho, what's wrong?" Asked Han. I looked at him and said, "Nothing, I'm just worried." "Everyone is," Han replied.

After Han looked away, I took out the pocket knife that Jeongin lent me. That was the only memory I have of him with me. I stared at the blood-covered knife.

If we had his dagger, it would've played a good role as a weapon but I don't know where it is and I assume neither does Hyunjin.

I got up and walked towards Hyunjin. He was lost in his thoughts too. "Hey," I tried starting a conversation. "What?" He replied. "About Jeongin, where is his dagger?" I asked. Hyunjin looked at me with disbelief. "You only care about his dagger? Aren't you regretting anything?" He asked. "Everything. I'm regretting everything," I answered.

We went quiet for a while. "I don't know. When Jeongin was getting killed, I saw that dagger lying on the floor. I couldn't take it," Hyunjin said.

"I can't accept the fact that Jeongin got killed," I stated. "What do you think?" Hyunjin asked. "I think he is still alive. Don't ask me why, I just feel that," I said.

"Strange how we are worried about the person we hated," Hyunjin stated. "Our judgments were just wrong," I said.

[Jeongin's POV]

I couldn't walk properly. My right leg was bleeding badly as well as my belly. With great difficulty, I managed to reach an empty classroom.

What surprised me the most was, none of the zombies I encountered in the hallway tried to feast on me. That was strange. I agree I didn't make any noises but still, that is something pretty weird.

----------------------------------------------