23: license 2 kill

"What's the sit-rep, Miss Belair?" Hunter asked, seated behind his large oak desk as he observed the young woman across from him. Judging from the grim expression on her pretty features, she had bad news. Hunter was immediately displeased.

Bianca Belair was never one to mince words. She spoke the way she handled her missions; cleanly, calmly, concisely. Dusting off her grey pants suit, she gave her report. "The hostiles have gone AWOL sir," she said. "They were last seen at a train station on the outskirts of Providence, but as of right now, we're unsure of their exact whereabouts. Eight of our twelve men are unaccounted for." She clutched her iPad close, taking a deep, cautious breath as she stared at her boss. "There's more, sir."

Hunter sighed heavily. "Jeez, I wonder what other fuckery has taken place."

"Xavier Woods has been found deceased in a motel room several miles away from the Courthouse where he was being hidden. We have evidence confirming Reigns and Jasmine are responsible for his kidnapping and murder."

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, also in Hunter's office, exchanged subtle but relieved glances

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, also in Hunter's office, exchanged subtle but relieved glances. Their friend had escaped, just as they had hoped he would. He was safe, for now.

Kevin Owens, meanwhile, was pacing back and forth in a corner, like a caged animal desperate for freedom. "So they got away. Again. Is that what you're saying, 'cause that's all I'm hearing." He stalked towards Bianca, getting in her face. "You fucking let them get away again! Can you idiots not do anything right?"

Owens easily towered over his female colleague, but she did not flinch. There was something lurking in the depths of her dark irises; a cold callousness that belied her calm demeanor. Kevin could rant all he wanted, but if he so much as touched her the wrong way, he would regret it.

"Where are they now?" he demanded. "Do you even know?"

"You heard my report, Owens. We're working on it as we speak," Bianca replied, peering passively at him.

"Obviously not working hard enough," Kevin griped. "They're going to disappear and it will be your fault, you and your incompetent buffoons!"

Seth had heard enough. "Leave her alone, Owens! How is this her fault?"

"You! Do not talk to me!" Kevin rounded on him. "I don't see you rushing out looking for Reigns! You and Ambrose have let your friendship," he spat out the word like it was taboo, "cloud your judgment. As far as I'm concerned you're just as in breach of the Code as he is."

"Right, stand there and act like your blind hatred for him hasn't completely poisoned your fucking mind, you fucking hater!" Seth retorted, standing his ground.

Kevin scoffed. "Calling me names? How childish. Besides, this has nothing to do with me. Reigns was literally fucking the enemy right under our noses for months, and when he's given the simple task to eliminate her - a job which he accepted, mind you - he takes off with her! Open your fucking eyes, you two and stop acting like fucking groupies! Roman Reigns has compromised The Authority," he went on, pointing around for emphasis. "He has compromised us all. He had no problem turning his back on us and choosing that bitch over us, so he should have no problem facing the consequences." Kevin shrugged. "And if none of you can take him out...I'll have no problem doing it myself. Heck, you won't even have to pay me."