The Day I Wore Glasses

Chapter One

"The Day I Wore Glasses"

I could feel the sun on my skin and opened my eyes. Suddenly I was blinded by a bright light and raised my hand over my eyes.

After adjusting my eyes I got up and checked my alarm.

8:22 am

Shit!

I'm gonna be late!

I ran to my closet and changed from my marvel themed bottoms and into some jeans.

I put on simple black converse and tied them.

Since I was already wearing a tank top for pajamas I just grabbed a flannel and wrapped it around my waist.

I'll put it on later.

I ran to my bathroom and shoved my contact case into my jeans then quickly grabbed my school stuff. 

I ran down the stairs and was about to walk out the door, but I saw my mother on the couch.

She was holding a bottle of vodka like her life depended on it.

I sighed.

There was a blanket near her feet and I raised it to her neck. I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

I love you, mom.

I checked the wall clock.

8:30

Fuck!

I ran out the house and jumped into my car. It wasn't the best car so it took a couple tries to start the engine.

I usually take the bus, but I totally forgot to set my alarm last night, so I'm at my last resort.

It took 15 minutes to arrive to the school. The whole drive the car kept making weird noises and I'm so thankful it didn't break down.

I parked behind the school since I knew a shortcut through the football fields to my 1st period class.

I slung my backpack on both shoulders and ran out the car. 

My converse hit the grass as I ran as fast as I could across the field.

I could see the football players practicing, but I could care less if they saw me running like an idiot.

Suddenly I could see a football hurdling towards me in my peripheral. My fast reflexes took action and I caught the football.

Phew, I 'm pretty sure if that hit me I would have a black eye.

I could see Tyler, I rolled my eyes, and threw it right to him.

Then I continued to run across the field into the building.

My history class was the next door to the right and I bursted in.

Great, I bet I look like a total idiot.

This was the first time I wore my glasses to school in a long time.

Whatever.

I walked to the back of the room where I sit.

"Ms. Arce, Do you have a tardy slip?"

Great now I have to walk to the front office.

**

"So after school me and Alex are going to put frogs in the principal's office. Wanna join us?" Octavia, one of my five friends, asked me as she changed into basketball shorts. We currently have P.E. right now for 5th period.  Alex was one of Octavia's friends, but not as close as us. 

Octavia was the rebellious one out of all my friends. I was the second rebellious which is why Octavia always asked me to do these type of things.

"What if you get caught? You already have over 50 pink slips. One day you'll be suspended." Alyson said as she changed into her blue P.E. shirt.

Alyson was the goody two-shoes in our group. She never did anything to break the rules and was basically every teacher's pet. Yes she was that kind of person. But that's only at school, when we hang out she's freakin' hilarious and my closest friend.

I pulled out my tennis shoes and untied them.

"Or worse, expelled." Caroline said as she tied her hair in a pony tail. Caroline was the loving and caring friend in our group. If you ever needed a shoulder to cry on, Caroline was your girl.

"I have 50 slips, what's one more gonna do?" Octavia was always confident in her schemes, but they were right. One day she'll get caught.

"Anyways, what do you say Lainey?" Octavia finished getting dressed and was braiding her hair.

"I don't know. I don't have work today, but I have an essay due tomorrow that I haven't even started. I'll let you know after school." I finished getting ready and we all left to the gymnasium.

We all took a seat on the bleachers as the coach told us what we're doing today.

"Today is a free day. Volleyball on this side of the court and basketball on the other. Oh and Lainey Arce, please come to my office."

Everyone turned their heads to me as my eyes were wide. Nobody was ever called by the coach unless you were in deep trouble. Whenever kids come out of his office they always end up crying. I haven't done anything wrong. 

Suddenly coach blows his whistle and everyone scatters to go play basketball or volleyball.

I see my friends get up and give me a look that says, 'Your doomed'.

I take deep breathes and walk to coach's office. His door is always open so he saw me right away as I was in front of the threshold. 

No time to compose myself? oh well.

I take a seat in front of his desk. Alright here we go, the yelling is gonna begin.

"Ms. Arce, How would you feel about trying out for the boys football team?"

Author's note

Hey guys! I'm back with another story :D

I've had this story in the making for a long time, but I'm extremely excited for it.

Please tell me what you think so far and I'll still be updating my other book, "Living with boys".

Now if your new and haven't read my other book please check it out!

So what do ya'll think of the new characters? Or what about Lainey's incredible throw in the morning? 

Until next time Bye :D