Chapter 1

'What is that noise

'What is that noise...?'

'It sound...very troublesome.'

You groaned and got up. You then opened the sliding door and seen a red haired male on the ground, panting and you're sensei. "N-Now, have I... passed the test?" He said between pants.

"The test starts now." Urokodaki spoke and nodded towards you, "We're going to climb a mountain." The red haired male gasped and froze when he seen you. You looked intimidating and it almost looked like there was a scowl on your face but he couldn't smell any hostility from you.

You soon moved out the way as he walked in and took a female out of the basket on his back and made her comfortable in a bed. You looked at Urokodaki with a raised eyebrow. He only nodded and spoke, "Tanjiro, this is Fushiguro Y/n. One of my disciples."

Tanjiro looked at you and had a small smile on his face, "I'm Kamado Tanjiro!" He exclaimed quite to loud for your taste but you endured it. You nodded, "nice to meet you." Your voice had no emotion in it. Tanjiro seemed shocked but nodded back, "nice to meet you too Fushiguro!"

You stared at him blankly, "please just Y/n." He was caught off guard again by your bluntness and nodded, "okay Y/n." It felt natural for him to say your name, he wanted to get to know you more.

Urokodaki brought his attention away from you, "Y/n will be watching Nezuko will we train, come now before it get dark." Tanjiro took one last look at you before he followed Urokodaki. Once the door was closed you sighed and look at the sleeping female, "what the hell is going on?"

Soon Urokodaki came back without Tanjiro and he sat down in front of you. You continued to read, "want to tell me what's going on?" You looked up from your book. Urokodaki was silent for a bit but spoke and started to tell you about what happened and the situation they were in.

You raised an eyebrow, "his sister is a demon?" He nodded. "And she didn't try to eat him?" He nodded again. You put down your book, "I find that hard to believe but at the same time, it's something new." He nodded again. After a while of you two sitting in comfortable silence you two heard the door opening.

You both looked up and seen the male panting. He had blood going down his head and was covered in dirt. He held a determined look as he panted, "I... have... returned." He panted as he dropped to the ground in front of the door.

Urokodaki then spoke after a while of silence, "I accept you as my student, Tanjiro Kamado."

__________

You had finished your training, far before Tanjiro did. You stood next to Urokodaki as he spoke to Tanjiro, "I am a trainer. I literally train swordsmen. There are many trainers, and each of them trains their pupils with their own regimen in their location. To join the Demon Slayer Corps,  you must survive the Final Selection process held on Mt. Fukasane. You'll be going with Y/n." He explained.

Tanjiro looked at you in slight surprise, "your training to be a demon slayer as well?" You nodded, "I've already been training for years." You replied in your usual blunt voice. Tanjiro's eyes lit up in slight admiration and respect.

Urokodaki continued, "Whether or not you're eligible for Final Selection is up to me." He then sent Tanjiro on his way back to the mountain for him to go through all the many traps once more. You looked at Urokodaki, "do you see it too?" You asked and he nodded.

_________

Tanjiro was soon back and was already washed up, he had changed. He wrote in his journal and finished up his log for the day. He then thought of you. When he got back he couldn't smell your scent. He wanted to get to know you more. He then heard the shuffling of the door and walked out the room to see you taking off your shoes.

You then turned and looked at him with your usual blank expressions, "why are you looking at me like that?" Your question caught him off guard, "s-sorry! I was just wondering where you were." He said sheepishly. You nodded, "just training." You answered and put away your stuff.

"At this time of night?" He asked innocently as he watched you. You nodded, "yeah." You then walked into your room. He tilted his head once you were gone, he then slowly turned back around and laid down in his own bed. You piqued his interest.

___________

The next day Tanjiro was back to training in the mountain. He trained all day as Urokodaki pushed him to the absolute limit. Soon it was nighttime and Tanjiro was washed and comfortable. He wrote in his journal as he tried to keep himself awake.

"Long day?"

Your voice caught him off guard and his head snapped up and looked in your direction, "y-yeah." He smiled a bit. You nodded and looked at the female who slept, "that's your sister right?" You asked. He immediately nodded, "my sister Nezuko, she's stuck in a deep sleep right now."

You already knew that but just wanted to at least try to make a conversation with him since Urokodaki says you should try. You nodded at the already known information, "I admire your determination, I'm sure she is grateful for what your doing." You said and left him to his thoughts.

Tanjiro was caught off guard once more, you were very confusing to him. You seemed genuine and honest. He couldn't wait to be able to spend some time with you or maybe even train. He wondered how skilled you were. He then fell asleep as he tried to continue to write in his journal.

__________

Tanjiro was once again back to training while you did your own thing away from them. You would venture into the other part of the woods and practice your summoning. You were already pretty good with a sword.

You just needed to keep up your stamina for your summoning and when your fighting. You mostly summoned Nue and would practice take down make shift dummies with it using your sword. Sometimes you would summon Max elephant to get a shorter summoning speed but it takes a lot of energy.

Soon you began to train and train until nightfall and eventually made your away back to the place you called home. Once you made it back, Tanjiro was already asleep. You cleaned yourself and changed clothes.

You then sat in front of Urokodaki who was still awake. "I almost have nothing left to train him." He spoke first. You hummed and made tea, "are you also going to make him cut that thing? It's probably going to fuel his resolve even more." She served them both tea.

Urokodaki nodded, "I must, I refuse to make the same mistake." You nodded and sipped your tea, you knew what he was talking about and felt bad. There was nothing you could do about it but offer your support but at the same time you were bad at comforting others and he knew that but he appreciated it.

"It's almost time."

(A/n: I'm like really tired lol and I wanted to make this before I had to go to work cause I feel like I'm lacking so it might be a little rushed and I'm skipping a lot of the training since it takes forever.)