☆ Prologue ☆

Still in times of monarchy many people were born with 'gifts'. Having a gift meant you were born with magic that you could learn to use or in many cases ignore as much as possible to try not to be kidnapped because being 'gifted' also meant you were gifted with the danger of being kidnapped and having it taken from you. Having your gift taken from you is an extremely painful process that leaves most either extremely weak or dead. Most people of Otopia are ok with gifted people although most gifted still hide their power because of risk of kidnapping.

Otopia is a great place, well if you don't look too far into it. The Queen, Emu Otori, is very kind especially to the children. She has been trying her best to get her knights and guards to keep the children safe but unfortunately it hasn't been going well. She has one knight in particular that has done especially well. His name is Tsukasa Tenma. Tsukasa came from a very wealthy family and had two lovely siblings. Well had... One was sadly taken to Kitoa, no one knows if he survived but Tsukasa assumed he hadn't. He didn't know why he was taken, Toya had no power after all. But alas it is how it is and much to Tsukasa's dismay he can't do anything about it as of now.

Kitoa was different, the king, 'Sir Kamishiro' is a horrible person. He kidnapps gifted children from Otopia and takes them to an undisclosed location. Sir Kamishiro considered taking his own son's power when he found out how gifted he was. He is a sick person and everyone in Kitoa and Otopia know that.

His wife sadly passed about two years before the story takes place. She got horribly ill with something easily cured today but then people had no clue. Sir Kamishiro's son, Rui Kamishiro or Prince Kamishiro, was gravely affected by this. His mother was the only person that supported him through his entire life and now she was gone and that left him with his father. His father neglected him majorly so it really just left him alone. The only friends he had through his life were Mizuki and Nene but Mizuki left with their family to Otopia and Nene usually just stayed in her house all the time. It was lonely but since he wanted to stay away from his father as much as possible he visited Otopia often. He never found out where Mizuki moved to but that's alright, he is soon to find another friend from Otopia and maybe this 'friend' will reunite him with Mizuki. Well my dear readers you'll have to wait to find out. I am gone for now, as it is time for this love story to begin.