Chapter-7

bright dots clouded my brain. the only thing I could comprehend was the evident headache I faced. my eyes ached as I tried to open them, it was as if someone had sealed them close. Struggling with my eyes out of the blue hushed voices around me attracted my ears to them.

"Seizure?? Doctor, are you sure!?" I heard my brother.... and here my friends, I realized this is when I was screwed.

"As sure as I can be." Doctor stated.

"But.... How???" A female voice stated... Talia.

"I can't quite pinpoint the reason for now. A lot of things can lead to it. Such as high fever with low sugar levels or some other serious things I'd like to keep out for now... I've taken her temperature which I must admit is quite high. however, I still believe that we should wait for her to regain consciousness to determine anything." He stated. I heard shuffling beside me and tried to open my eyes before this could get any worse. But my head had other plans as it freaking started to hurt as if I was in labor over there. I tried again but no luck this time as well.

"What do you mean doctor?" fuck you! Talia.

"It could be a result of some severe medical condition. But as far as I can conclude that's not the case with Miss Clayton. When I did her temperature check, she had a high fever. This fever could have led to a seizure. Was Miss Clayton hungry for the last few hours?" couldn't have asked that earlier doctor, good Ash tell him I haven't eaten since morning.

"Ohh.... She hadn't had anything since morning." That's my girl.

"That may explain the seizure then. maybe." I heard doubt in the doctor's voice and was sure he wouldn't stop unless he tested me further.

I tried to open my eyes again, this time I was lucky as they opened to a blurred view. At Least I could open them, it was the first thought that came to me after a devilishly long struggle to get them open up. I tried to move my head to see who else was in the room except Talia, the doctor, and Cade but a growl of pain left my mouth.

Fuck me

"Olly?" Cade spoke and I groaned again.

"Angel!" My heart stopped when I heard him. Kenneth...

"Are you alright sweetheart?" I heard Ash ask; I could sense the worry her voice held for me. A warmth spread in me hearing the worry everyone held for and a lone tear kissed my skin just below my eyes. That single tear worked as a catalyst in them and worried and alarmed voices roared in the room. Havoc went out of the room and the voices agitated the pain I felt.

"Ughh!!" another groan left my lips and the room went silent.

"I guess you should let her rest for some time alone." Yeah, that's like a good doctor. My heart felt at ease for the first time in the last 15 minutes and I breathed a sigh of relief internally. I heard everyone leave the room and I suddenly felt exhaustion taking over me as I slipped into a deep slumber without any panic this time.

"Sweetheart this is for your good." Dad reckoned with the sweetest tone he could muster. I knew the honey dripping from the words coming out of his mouth was a poison wrapped in sweet oblivion. I looked into his eyes, took a deep breath, and mustered all the energy I had left after an hour of baseless discussion.

"Why?" My voice came out tired and weak. I looked up at him to find the green emeralds I loved so dearly drowning under the salty water of his tears. He looked broken and weak.

"Dad!!" A breathy whisper left my lips and I rushed to his side embracing him in my arms.

"What happened Dad??" My voice shook as I questioned him still hugging him tight.

"I can't see you suffering like that. I know you are broken and I know the reason. I'm sorry, sweety. I can't help you with your affection and feelings, but it aches me so much to see you suffering like this." My heart sank hearing him saying all these things in a broken state. I pulled out of the hug and looked into his eyes.

"I'm fine dad!" I pressed and he shook his head. "No, you are not-"

"I'm up!! I'm up!!", My voice came out as a scared shriek as I jolted up awake from the loud voice that banged right in my ear. Shock-ridden, I tried to look for the source of the voice around me and wasn't very surprised to find it in my bed. It was Kenneth who did this.

Wait... Kenneth?...

Kenneth!