CHAPTER 26

*pre-rescuing Amyra*

Amyra's pov:

I was lying in the room injected. I don't know what happened to me. I woke up lying on the operating table but He was nowhere to be found.
Oh god! My head it'll get ripped apart. Why the fuck is it hurting so much. My entire body is hurting like anything. My hand is not tied up. I just wanna die I can't turn into a creature. She could barely see or walk and was perspiring a lot. Her vision was blurred, her body hair was erect, her legs lost balance, and she was crawling. Moreover, her head was all over the place. She crawled herself to the door and banged it with her forehead which made it bleed a lot. She was growing thirsty like really thirsty, she could hear sounds and voices from far away. At this moment she just wanna die. Heartbeats slowing down cause she needs to get the second dose within 12 hours but it's past the time. She passed away at the door with her head bleeding all over the place. Her hair was soaked in blood. She would die within a few hours and would be nowhere to be found.

"AMYRA?" shouted Aaron upon opening the door.
"I know I might die after this but I have to give you the 2nd dose," he said to her but she was way out to listen to him.

As Aaron is the first victim of the kidnapper slash culprit. He is his right hand and knows everything about him. And the dose that he's talking about is the antidote. He, without wasting any time brought the antidote to her. And pushed it inside her veins making her tremble a bit which meant that she's gonna be just fine and if injected again she was safe.

"You're gonna get us killed," said another man to Aaron.
"No, she won't let anything happen to us I know her," he said and told him to leave. Leaving her there on the ground. As it wasn't too late, she also lost a lot of blood it might take some time for her to gain consciousness.
Amyra lay there like a little lost child with her eyes closed and in a pool of blood.

Alex's pov:
It's almost been two days and she is still not in my arms. I'm just waiting here in this fucking park where we both came together for our first case. I didn't even know when she touched every cell in my body without even touching. And now I'm here don't even know if I'll get to see her. I'll kill that bastard for fuck sake. I don't care if I have to get fired for that.

"Don't think too much" said Christian looking at him. "I know you're worrying but I hope we get something here" he added and put his hand on Alex's shoulder.

Alex didn't answer in fact he didn't know what to say.

Christine came after some minutes. David was told to guard the entrance. They finally entered the cave where Amyra was held hostage. On seeing her, Christine ran towards her and held her in her arms. Placed her head in her lap. Alex came to her and almost cried. He couldn't see her like this.

"Amyra please don't leave me please please," Alex said pleading holding her hands as she lay there in Christine's lap, which her swollen eyes closed.

Christine was just crying, her tears were falling on her cheeks.
Christian called the ambulance. On the other side, the forces have come. Christine told the forces not to kill anyone cause she would put this place on fire on her own.

Christine's pov:
No no no she can't go like this. Not now not without me. Amyra please just be okay.

It's been 10 min since she was injected with the antidote. Amyra finally opened her eyes when she was placed on the stretcher. Christine was more than happy and relieved. Alex went up and kissed her forehead. His tears fell on her eyelids. Christian came and kissed Christine's cheeks.
"Welcome back," said Christian caressing Amyra's face.
Alex just kept looking at her with his eyes in tears and couldn't say anything cause he was too scared to speak. Amyra smiled at him.
She pulled Christine's and Alex's cloth indicating them to come near her face. She just said...
"Don't hurt Aaron and those men, they helped me" with a raspy voice.
She was then taken away in the car with Alex beside her.

Christine went inside the basement...
"Aaron!!!" He came out from the other end.
Christine walked towards him which made his legs go tremble. Upon reaching up to him.. she thanked him.
"You saved my life. If you hadn't then I would have killed you here"
Christian was just looking at her while leaning with his arms folded against the door frame.
"Take your men and get out" he ordered.
"It's show time babies," Christian and Christine both said at the same time then took out their bullet guns and smashed the head of the creatures with the bullets in a row. They were dead in the cage.
"Christian stay back"
She told the forces to spread Diesel all over the place.
She was at the exit of the basement when she lit the match and set it all on fire. She held Christian's hand and walked out of the place, the place burning and bursting into flames at their back. It felt like evil just got killed and was burning into the flames of GOD.

We all went towards the car. The ambulance took Amyra and Christine and Christian was in the car following them. On reaching the hospital, Amyra got taken into the emergency ward. We all waited outside.
" Come to the office tomorrow. I've already told Mr. Grover about this, and also David and Emma. I have some important pieces of stuff to share " said Christine to Christian and Alex.

They both looked a bit perplexed but didn't say anything given the situation. We all waited with our faces down. The doctor came out of the room. We all went to him asking about her present condition.

" Don't worry. She's out of danger. She needs proper rest and a sleep ofcourse, and also I gave her some stitches and some painkillers. I've prescribed some medicine please make sure she takes them " said the doctor.

We all were grinning on hearing the news. Everybody was joyous at the news.

"Can we meet her now ?" Asked Alex.

" Not now. You can meet her in the afternoon. She needs rest " said the doctor.

I sat down with relief on the chair beside me. Christian went to fill up certain forms on the desk. Alex came and sat beside me. I was staring at Christian and I forgot that he came and sat beside me. It was when he started talking, I realized.

"He is crazy about you," said Alex

"Huh?"

" Christian "

I smiled and looked at him trying to grasp what he just said.

" And you're pretty obvious too," said Alex

I blushed and looked down at my hand.

" I can never doubt your choice, Alex "

" How come?"

" Because you've chosen the right person. You've chosen Amy "

He smiled looking at me, a bit flushed for sure, and looked at the room where she is kept.

Christian came and told Alex
" They want your details as well "

" Yes," He said and went to the desk to fill in some required details.

Christian came and sat beside me ......

" You know Christian I've always loved beaches "

" Christine "

" Yes?"

" You're the strongest and the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my whole life "

I just smiled at that comment and I grabbed his hand and put my head on his shoulder, feeling at ease. The peace conjured my heart and I just closed my eyes and let this moment of happiness fill me up. He kissed my head and gripped my hand tightly.

Christian's pov :

If someone asked me, what was the happiest moment of your life till now?
I would say right now. I could inhale her scent for a prolonged period of time. I felt her softness against me. She held my hands like a baby who needs love and care.
I closed my eyes and let this moment take care of me.
Sometimes life feels like shit but sometimes it makes you feel like you're at the highest point of your life and you definitely wanna relive it again.
I love her. I do.
And this is something that I've never ever felt. It's weird but I also want it to last till eternity and beyond.
A few days back if someone asked me what is love
I never could answer it
I bet you to ask me again
I'll say it's one of the most beautiful phases of your life. It gives you pain and worries undoubtedly but this is the kind of worry and pain that you don't wanna let go of. All of this makes you feel like a human again. It makes you fall in love with your life. Why? Because he/ she is in it.