SFW; Penny, Selki and Joan

Penny walks the halls of RUIN HQ alongside a Lucent Acolyte that towered over her, a Splinter crossbow on her back under her cloak.

Penny; "So, uh... Selki, yeah?"

The Acolyte nodded, a faint smile under her helmet.

Selki; "Yes, that is my name."

Penny; "Right: How conniving do you think you are?"

Selki cocked her head ever so slightly to the side, her tone inquisitive.

Selki; "Um... Is that question rhetoric or...?"

Penny; "No, I'm actually asking you! It's for an important job."

Selki; "I... Think I can be pretty conniving if I want to be. I was part of Savathuns' brood, after all."

Penny; "Perfect! I have a job, but it's gonna take three of us."

Selki; "Oh... Ok! Who's the third?"
-------
Penny knocked on a RUIN Operative quarters door, impatiently tapping her foot as Selki stood behind her, hands awkwardly clasped in front of her lap.

Selki; "... Maybe she's asleep?"

Penny; "Oh, Joan wouldn't be sleeping at this hour; she'd be cuddled up with a book and a mug of Raktajino or... whatever they call that Cabal coffee."

Selki nodded gently, the question of what coffee is rattling around in her brain as the door opened to an Exo with pitch black plating and scarlet eyes. She held a mug with the logo of Caiatls' legion, wearing blue and black robes, looking between Penny and Selki with a quiet, reserved voice.

"... Penny? Who's your friend?"

Penny; "Oh, that's Selki, part of Herras' brood. You doing anything important, Joan?"

She shrugged and took a sip out of her mug before she replied.

Joan; "Just... Enjoying the evening, reading The Silmarillion. Why do you ask?"

Penny; "You know how Caiatl is gonna be visiting next week to inspect the Cabal manufacturing wing of RUIN HQ?"

Joan; "... Yeah?"

Penny; "Well, how'd you like to get close and meet her?"

Joan gasped quietly, her voice restraining delight as she wiggled slightly in place.

Joan; "That sounds great! How are we gonna do it?"

Penny; "Not through the... Official channels."
-------
.
Penny, Selki and Joan skulked down the halls of RUIN HQ, Penny taking lead as they passed under a sign that read "Cabal wing" in English, presumably the same in Eliksni and Ulurant. The three peered around a corner to see Caiatl being led around the immense dry dock that held a Cabal battlecarrier; one of three in Caiatls' legion. Adjacent to Caiatl was a gathering of Last City journalists recording the event, watching Caiatl study the infrastructure, running a hand along one of the supports for the ship.

Penny turned to Joan and Selki, producing a pair of buttons from her vests' interior pocket. The buttons read "press", and seemed to have been pulled off a machine of some kind.

Joan; "... Where did you get these from?"

Penny replied in a voice as hushed as Joans'.

Penny; "Cafeteria vending machines. The guards will let us get close with these, we can walk with the rest of the journalists."

Penny handed one of the buttons to Joan before turning to Selki.

Penny; "You get yours?"

Selki pulled the button out from under her hood with a smile visible through her visor.

Selki; "Oh, yes; Got mine from one of the washrooms! Though, I don't know if I'll be blending in as well as you two."

Penny; "Pfft, it'll be fine! Just act like you know what you're doing!"

Joan hesitantly hooked the button onto a part of her armor, taking a deep breath before speaking.

Joan; "Ok... Penny, this was your idea; you lead."

Penny; "Was gonna do that anyway, Neonumi!"

Penny chuckled to herself as she sauntered down the hall towards the guard, Joan and Selki following shortly after. The Warlock standing guard nodded to Penny as she flashed her "press" button. He would also nod to Joan as she flashed hers... But had to to a double take when Selki flashed her button; it said "pull" instead of "press". When the Warlock did a double take, Selki picked up her pace to catch up with Penny and Joan.
.
As Penny and Joan approached the crowd of journalists following Caiatl from a distance, they'd see there was a Human guiding the Empress, holding a tablet in her left hand. Her curled hair ran down one side of her head, the other brazenly shaved, but still professionally so. Her skin was dark as a kiss from the night sky, and the sun, not to be left behind, gave her face a gentle glow with her smile... Though, the glow was likely because of a Vex obelisk shining a light on her from nearby.

Caiatl; "Tell me... Vox... How many ships can your dry dock support?"

The Human pressed a couple buttons on her tablet before looking back up to Caiatl, leaning over slightly so her tusks didn't obscure her eyes.

Vox; "Three frigates, or two carriers, or one battlecarrier. We also house the facilities to repair and, with enough resources, manufacture more. We've already proven the fabrication prowess of RUIN to House Light, building the first new Ketches since their Golden Age."

Caiatl; "To be able to make more Cabal warships would be a boon for the coalition... You certainly make further use of the facilities here sound enticing."

Joan looked upon Caiatl the way a child may look up at their favorite celebrity; mouth agape and hands anxiously rubbing together. As she pushed her way through the journalists to subtly get closer, the Warlock ran over close behind Selki behind her, and Penny pressed her hands to either side of her head out of panic.

Warlock; "Stop!"

Caiatl whipped her head over to look at Selki, nostrils flaring under her mask, and the Acolyte scrambled to run away from the Empress. She didn't get far; Caiatl grabbed a fistful of her cape and ripped her back, the back of her head colliding with her knee, breaking her neck with trivial ease. Selkis' ghost appeared, and Joan leapt in front of it as Caiatl reached for it. For once, Joans' voice was raised, and Penny held a hand over her mouth when she heard Joan shout to Caiatl.
.
Joan; "Stop! She's an operative!"

Caiatl stopped and let out a bestial growl as her gaze locked with Joans', staring her down before straightening her posture.

Caiatl; "... This Hive belongs to RUIN?"

Selki was rezzed as Joan nodded, planting her hands on her hips.

Joan; "Yes. She's a defector from Savathuns' brood; one of several RUIN has recruited."

Caiatl clenched her fists as she looked down at Joan, the gaze practically melting a wound in Joans' face.

Caiatl; "And to whom do I have the dubious pleasure of speaking?"

Joan; "... Joan-1 of Neomuna, RUIN Operative."

Caiatl huffed and held a fist over her chest a moment.

Caiatl; "Brave of you to get between the Empress and a supposed adversary, Joan-1. Perhaps you're more Cabal than Neptunian."

Joan returned the fist gesture with a smile on her faceplate as Vox led Caiatl away, the journalists following. The Warlock guard cleared his throat as Joan, Selki and Penny looked at him.

Warlock; "You three aren't allowed in the same wing as VIPs for the next few months."

Penny shrugged and tossed away her button as the Warlock led the trio away.

Penny; "Eh, wouldn't be the first time."