Crushed

Mattheos pov

Ella has been avoiding me ever since our kiss, well except for our training sessions, and even there she seems odd.

It's probably nothing, i mean, who am I to say that, i didn't even know her that well back then. And it's not like i like her or anything. Like what do i care!

"Riddle!" My head snaps up, the surroundings of the potion room fades back into focus. "Care to answer my question?" Snape says and i roll my eyes, accidentally making eye contact with Ella, whos mouthing something i cant detect to me. The answer is crushed a voice says in my head and i immediately recognize it as her. "So?" Snape says and my eyes flicker back to him "crushed" i say enjoying his face as his eyebrows raise in surprise "correct" he mumbles and turn back to whatever hes teaching us about.

In a moment of boldness, i reach out with my mind towards where Ellas mind is, and not being angry like i was last time i notice the solid walls raised tall around her mind. I dont try and enter her mind, knowing she'd have my head if i did. Instead i gently claw at her mental shield, in a small type of thanks.

To my surprise she opens a little carefully carved out part of her mind to me, inviting me in. I gladly except, slowly entering as to not change her mind and force me out again.

This close to her walls i can feel the sadness and grieve but mostly pure hot rage radiating of them.

The walls around my mind is strong. Strong enough to keep even my father out, but next to hers my walls seem, naive, childish, foolish and powerless.

You're welcome the voice rings loud in my head.

Right, thank you i can feel my cheeks blushing as her silent laughter ring through my head.

What was the question?

I don't know. She says

I catch her eyes across the room and raise an eyebrow then how do you know the answer?

Mind reading  of course

---

Backhand. Defend. Defend. Attack. Back away. Fuck. My muscles ache and scream for me to stop, but i cant hear them, i cant hear anything else than my own heartbeat, that is so loud it can awaken the death. She smiles, Angella actually smiles at me. She gives me a quick nod, and for some reason that nod is so much better than any praise i could get from anyone else.
Her lips move, but im unable to hear what they're saying.

Break it rings in my head, and i just nod, and to tired to do anything else i collapse on the ground, my chest heaving up and down quickly. She gracefully sits down next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. A cool feeling filled my body, relaxing my tense muscles and slowing my heartrate to a more normal speed.
I smile thankfully to her but it comes out more like a weird grimace.

"You're mot quite as bad anymore" she says with a playful smile on her lips. Those oh so kissable- Stop i cant be thinking this about her. "Thanks" i say again, still out of breath. "I wasn't a compliment" she says, before raising to her feet, and walking up sitting a little further up the grass. "Tell me a story" i say.

Angellas pov

Flashback

"Tell me a story!" I yelled just a tad to loud to be a royal, but it didn't matter, i was just a kid. Rules didn't apply back then. "Alright, alright" said my old maid Dahlia, because she was my mother back then, only when i could be used as a political pawn, was my real mom my mom. "Once, a long long time ago,
in the ancient annals of Alagaësia, a time existed when elves and dragons were locked in a bitter war, their lands marred by the ravages of conflict. The elves, with their deep connection to the natural world, clashed with the dragons, protectors of their ancestral territories. Misunderstandings and ancient grievances fueled the flames of discord, threatening to consume the very essence of their existence.

Amidst this chaos emerged a young elf named Eragon, whose heart harbored a rare empathy for the dragons. He believed in the inherent nobility of these majestic creatures and saw beyond the scars of battle. Driven by a vision of unity, he embarked on a courageous quest to seek out the ancient dragons, hoping to persuade them of the elves' genuine desire for peace." She paused and placed a fresh cup of coffee in front of me, before speaking again.

"Through treacherous journeys and countless trials, Eragon eventually found the ancient spirits. He pleaded for understanding, recounting tales of shared histories and emphasizing the need for harmony. Touched by his words and his determination, the dragons agreed to listen.

In a moment that resonated through the very soul of Alagaësia, Eragon forged a pact with the dragons. He pledged the elves' commitment to peace and the protection of the dragons' ancestral lands. In return, the dragon spirits bestowed their ancient knowledge upon the elves, forging a bond that transcended centuries of enmity.

Thus, the Pact of Eragon and the Dragon Spirits was sealed, a covenant that marked the end of hostilities and the dawn of a new era. Eragon, with his newfound ally Islingr, became a beacon of hope, a living testament to the power of understanding and cooperation. Together, they worked tirelessly to mend the wounds of the past, uniting elves and dragons in a bond that would echo through the ages, ensuring peace and harmony prevailed in Alagaësia for generations to come." By the time she was done woth the story i had heard countless times before, i was done with my tea, and she was sat down next to me. "Therefore, you should always appreciate the peace we have, though our dragons have been taken from us." I nodded and she brushed through the bird nest that was my hair.

End of flashback

I finish up the story, for Mattheo, whos starting at me like i hung the stars and the moon.