*An Odd Nighttime Stroll

Fierce lighting lit up the black void with blinding lights and earth-shaking tremors as the sky was ripped asunder with the sheer might of the creatures invading. The unprecedented destructive powers tore at the land with pure disregard for those who lived in this once beautiful paradise. The people and Pokémon alike huddled in their homes or any shelters they could find, hoping it would keep them safe. However, the destructive force outside gave the safety of these shelters the same chance a frail tree would have in the way of an approaching hurricane.

Time spent fighting over this land with what now seemed to be such trivial matters to the inhabitants compared to the reality of this darkened hell. All the inhabitants now share the hope for a miracle to save their home as the lights all around begin to fade to barely flickering shades of color. Everything had nearly lost all the light that made up their world as darkness set in.

Four blinding lights rushed to fight these invaders with their colors of Calming Pink, Sparkling Yellow, Dappled Green, and Ghostly Purple, though the brightest two lights that led the charge shone with sunfire and gleaming pale moonshine. A chaotic battle ensued as both sides refused to concede defeat, as it seemed like an entirety had passed in mere hours of fighting.

Suddenly, everything grew louder.

A chorus of cries sounded out as an array of explosions of blinding auras flared all around the land, the two biggest bursting into pure light against a creature of what could only be called an unyielding void of trapped colors. The light became so blinding that none could tell what truly happened in those moments of pure silence that accompanied it. The sudden calm slowly brought color into the world as it began to overpower the inhabitant's blinded sight. A familiar symphony of the ocean and sky sounded out alongside the hues of the world they knew back all at once. The first thing that came into clear view was the burning rays of the setting sun giving way to the rising moon with a bright green flash that shone as they met on the horizon.

In the end, only four blazing auras of the Tapu's remained, as all the invaders had vanished. The sounds of an ordinary day were back as if nothing had ever happened, as if all events that had just occurred were just a night terror. However, the remains of ruins, wreckage, and the devastation of battle on all four islands showed this event had been no mere nightmare.

Alola, now broken and battered, entered a new era of peace as those who fought so viciously with one another laid down their arms for the tools to rebuild their homes instead. Vowing to end their senseless fighting and instead strive for a future that would protect the light that had nearly been taken away from them.

"Sunset faded to nightfall, but the new dawn of our history has passed as the cycles of the sun and moon have passed. I tell this tale to honor the great Tapus, Solgelo, and Lunaala who fought for Alola's future."

Warm firelight from a great bonfire and scattered torches on parked houseboats and ships gave everything a warm glow to the late-evening moonshine that shone all around the Seaside Village. Silence among the crowd lasted for a moment before an explosion of cheering sounded out as the legend concluded. The speaker took in the applause before giving a dramatic bow to the dancers who had helped act out this tale of Alolaon's history.

The troop of nine bowed in return while congratulating each other for another successful performance. Eight of the troupe then turned to the lead dancer dressed in a pale blue and lavender holoku(1) as some tearfully hugged or excitedly talked to her. Camera flashes were abundant, as all of them posed in an array of serious or playful poses before members of the crowd joined in on the fun.

After talking to the crowd or taking pictures, the lead dancer started moving to the outskirts of the bonfire as she chatted to a shorter girl with long twin tails of braided black hair and a big purple hat on her head. "Great work as always, Kokia," said the shorter girl. "Looks like Kano took your suggestion on adding Solgaleo and Lunaala back in since most forgot their names."