Promises Worth Keeping ≫ Cinderpelt x Injured! Male! Reader

Art: AngelDalet

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Hinted violence
• Mild gore
• Angst

****

You grimaced, your body shuddering on Fireheart's shoulders as the flame-colored warrior carefully leaped across the stream that separated WindClan from ThunderClan. A fresh surge of warm blood seeped from the wound on your flank, spreading through your fur and staining the golden heather below in dark crimson splotches.

"Hang in there, (Y/N)," Fireheart huffed, his voice light and raspy due to lack of breath. "We're almost home. Cinderpelt will fix you." The rest of the patrol caught up and began padding alongside the ThunderClan deputy, bearing their own wounds. Frostfur's left ear had been shredded by swinging claws, Longtail was favoring his right foreleg heavily, Swiftpaw's cheek bore a deep gash that continued to bleed, Sandstorm's right ear had been bitten, and Whitestorm and Brightpaw each harbored bite marks on their necks and shoulders. None of your clanmates' injuries were as severe as yours, however, and you could sense their growing panic.

You stared numbly at the ground as it passed by beneath you, your vision blurry and unfocused. You were no medicine cat, but you were fairly certain the amount of blood that had seeped from the wound on your flank was not healthy.

"Stay awake, (Y/N)," Whitestorm meowed firmly, causing you to startle slightly. You groaned, forcing your eyes open. The big white tom was padding beside Fireheart, his amber gaze focused on you intently. You opened your jaws to snap a stinging retort, but blood filled your mouth, causing you to gag and sputter.
Whitestorm's nose paled, and his eyes widened. "The wound is deeper than we thought," He meowed, his voice rising in pitch slightly. "We have to..." Your vision blurred again, and your ears started to ring. You suddenly felt like you were underwater, watching the blurry silhouettes of your clanmates fade as you sank deeper and deeper into the depths.

You were suddenly jarred back into reality again by the shrill, panicked yowls of ThunderClan cats as Fireheart broke away from the rest of the patrol and began weaving his way hurriedly through the gathered crowd, heading for a familiar gap between two boulders. The overwhelming scent of many herbs bathed your bloodstained tongue, and you wrinkled your nose as Fireheart slipped through the gap.

"A skirmish broke out on the WindClan border," Fireheart explained, crouching down and gently rolling you off of his back and into an empty patch of moss. You shuddered in pain as your body made contact with the ground, letting out a whine. Fireheart was standing with his back to you, speaking with Cinderpelt in a rushed, anxious way. As hard as you tried, you couldn't understand anything they were saying. You were underwater again, slowly floating further and further away.

"(Y/N), can you hear me?" You grimaced, forcing your eyes to focus again. Cinderpelt was standing over you, gazing at your limp form with anxious blue eyes. Fireheart was nowhere to be seen. You tried to reply for the second time since your grave injury, but once again, you only gagged and spat out more blood. Cinderpelt's eyes widened just as Whitestorm's had, and she immediately whipped around and limped urgently to the back of her den, rummaging around for a moment before returning to your side with a pawful of cobwebs. She spoke to you again, but your ears were ringing. This time, you could no longer fight the heavy feeling of fatigue that washed over you, and you finally allowed your eyes to close as you slowly drifted down the distant, dark river of unconsciousness.