01

- Sabrina's Pov -

"Bethany we're gonna be late!" I yell up the stairs to my little sister. Already going to be late on my first day of senior year.

The honk of Layla's car caused me to rush even faster. I slid my red converse on as I finished the piece of toast I was eating.

"I'm coming! It's my first day of school!" She shouts back, running down the stairs.

I roll my eyes and hand her lunchbox to her. "It's my first day too."

She snatches it from my hand. "It's different!"

"Come on." I finally give up and let out a sigh as I open the door. She walks out before me as I make sure to lock the door.

"How nice of you girls to join me." Layla states bluntly as we click our seatbelts.

"Thank miss "i have to be perfect" over here." I turn to look at her, she squints her eyes and sticks her tongue out at me.

Layla zooms off while I turn back around in my seat. We pass all of the regular and boring houses, nothing caught my eye. Even though it was the first day of school, it was just like a regular day in Hawkins today.

One house we pass did spark mg curiosity though. A moving truck parked in the driveway of this house. New neighbors. Probably just an old couple or something. I thought nothing of it. Well, until I remember what Layla was mumbling to me last night about that new boy.

"Hey was that the new guys house you were telling me about?" I ask her.

"Oh yeah. He's in our grade apparently." She tells me as I watched all of the students walking to school.

"Apparently?"

She nods and makes a sharp turn.

"Watch it Layla!" Bethany yelps from the back.

"Sorry Beth." Layla shoots me a side eye before making another one, earning her a groan from Bethany.

"Yeah. I heard Tina and her girls talking about it at the diner one night." She explains.

"He's pretty close to us."

"Yes he is." She smirks as she adjusts her hands on the top of the steering wheel.

"Oh gag me with a spoon Layla." I hold my stomach as a joke and she laughs at me.

"Apparently he's hot." She raises her brows at me.

"Oh yeah? Apparently!" I chuckle. "Apparently." I repeated, snapping as we pulled into the Highschool parking lot.

"Sabrina just because you hate men doesn't mean the rest of us have to." She says, partially distracted trying to find a parking spot. "This is why we get here early." She sighs out while pulling into a spot that was a good distance away from the school.

"I don't hate men. I just hate Steve." I spit out.

She stares at me blankly as she turns the car off. "Yeah, and men."

"I'm just saying. Don't believe everything you hear. What if he's not-"

The loud rumbling of an engine cuts me off. Layla and I whip our heads around to try and find the source of the noise.

And there it was. A blue Camaro zooms around and finally parks by it's self. As soon as the car stopped, a young red haired girl rushes out and throws her skateboard on the ground before rolling away towards the middle school.

We didn't take our attention away though, and neither did everybody else that was watching. We'd never seen this car before and Hawkins was a small town so how the hell could we miss this loud ass car?