Introduction

In India, Lord Rama and Lord Krishna play an important role in the daily lives of people. Irrespective of the state one is in or the language spoken in that region, everyone knows them! It is not surprising then that milestone from their personal lives are celebrated in various ways. For example the festival of Ramanavami marks the day of Lord Rama's birth, and Vijayadashami or Dussehra is famously celebrated to recall the victory of Rama over the misguided Ravana. Meanwhile,  Krishnashtami or Janmashtami is the day Lord Krishna was born, and Diwali is known to be the day that Krishna killed Narakasura.

Lord Rama was born in Treta yuga, the second of the four eras that define age of the world. His stories are often depicted in paintings, literature, dance and music. The epic Ramayana exists in many versions in different languages and with different titles, such as Valmiki Ramayana, Adbhuta Ramayana, Uttara Ramayana, Tulsi Ramayana, Kamba Ramayana, Jain Ramayana and so on. Despite the differences between the versions, the core of the story remains the same.

Lord Krishna, however, was very different from Lord Rama. He was born in Dvapara yuga. Though born as a royal, he was taken away by his father in the middle of the night to save him from his uncle, who planned to kill him at birth. His father handed overy his precious son to his friend Nanda and his wife Yashoda. Hence, Krishna grew up in the village of Gokul as a cowheard. Eventually, his destiny led him to Mathura, where he slayed his cruel uncle Kamsa. Despite the opportunity to become king of the land, Krishna did not accept it. Later, he moved his clan to the kingdom of Dwarka to save his people from war, misery and certain death at the hands of his enemy, Jarasandha. In the great war of Mahabharata, Krishna was Arjuna's charioteer and guide; he never participated in the actual war even though he played a critical role in the outcome.

In this book, you will read many short stories about Lord Rama and Lord Krishna and about their lineages.

So SiT BaCk AnD EnJoY! !! HAPPY READING 😄😄😀

Don't forget to vote and comment :)