3

Me and Avril went to the skate park to practice some new tricks when suddenly Tom, walked towards us. I tried to hide my disappointment as I still needed time to think about our relationship.

Tom noticed my change in mood and asked if everything was okay. I hesitated for a moment but decided to be honest with him.
"Sorry Tom, I don't really feel like talking right now," I said.

Tom respected my boundaries and didn't push me for more information. He simply said that he was there for me if I ever wanted to talk.

Me and Avril continued practicing our skateboarding tricks while Tom sat on the sideline, watching us.

Even though it was awkward having him there, it felt good to have his support from a distance.

Tom started to walk away , but ,before he could leave, I stopped him.
"Wait," I said softly. "I just wanted to thank you for understanding me."

Tom turned around and gave me a small smile. "Of course. I still care about you, even if we're not together."

We walked home together with Avril by our side, talking about old memories and laughing at each other's jokes. As we reached Tom's house, I gave him a kiss on the cheek as a way of thanking him for being there for me.
"Take care of yourself," he said before heading inside.

Although I wasn't sure what the future held for us, it felt good to have closure with Tom and know that there was still a chance for us to be friends again someday.

After saying goodbye to Tom, I headed home alone. Once I was back in my room, I went through my night routine, but felt bored and restless. Suddenly, my phone vibrated with a text from Bill.

Bill🫶

Hey, I heard you gave Tom a kiss on the cheek today. He's been talking about it non-stop.

I felt embarrassed that Tom had told his brother about our interaction. But at the same time, it made me wonder if there was still some underlying feelings between
US.

1 decided to reply to Bill and ask him if he thought Tom had any interest in getting back together with me.

I don't know for sure, but I think he does miss you. You two were really good together.

Hearing this made me feel conflicted and confused. Part of me wanted to give things another try with Tom, while another part of me was scared of getting hurt again.

Later that evening, there was a knock at my door. I opened it to find Tom standing there with a hopeful look on his face.

"Hey, I know this might be sudden, but do you want to go to the beach and watch the stars like we used to?" he asked.

1 hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to say. Part of me wanted to spend time with Tom and relive our happy memories together, but another part of me was scared of getting my heart broken again.

But in the end, I decided to take a chance.
"Sure, let's go," I said with a smile.

We drove down to the beach and found our old spot on the sand. As we talked and laughed under the starry sky, I felt a sense of comfort and familiarity being around Tom again.

At one point in the night, Tom reached out and took my hand in his own. My heart skipped a beat as we gazed into each other's eyes.

" I still care about you so much," he said softly. "I know things didn't work out before, but maybe we can try again?"
I felt my heart racing as I thought about his words. It was hard not to feel swept.

In that moment, it felt like all of my worries and doubts melted away. I knew that there were no guarantees when it came to love, but being with Tom made me feel alive again.

"Yes," I said softly, leaning in closer towards him. "Let's try again.

Tom's face lit up with happiness as he leaned in to kiss me. It was a soft and gentle kiss at first, but soon our passion ignited, and we were kissing like there was no tomorrow.

As we pulled away from each other, Tom took my hand and led me towards the carnival that was happening nearby. We spent the rest of the night walking around together, playing games and eating junk food.

At one point, Tom won a giant teddy bear for me at one of the game booths. I hugged the stuffed animal tightly as we continued to explore the carnival.

As the night drew to a close, we found ourselves sitting on a bench together under the stars once again.

" I never want this night to end." Tom said softly. I smiled at him. "Me neither."
We leaned in for another kiss, this time filled with even more passion and tenderness than before.

In that moment, I knew that being with Tom was unique.

As we pulled away from the kiss, Tom looked deeply into my eyes. "I don't want to say goodbye just yet," he said softly.
I smiled at him. "What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking that we could go back to my place and watch some movies together," he suggested. "We can cuddle up and stay warm all night."

The thought of spending the night at Tom's house was both exciting and nerve-wracking. But I knew that I wanted to be close to him, even if it meant taking a risk.
"Okay, let's do it," I said with a smile.
Tom's face lit up with happiness as we got into his car and drove back to his house.

Once we were inside, Tom put on some of our favorite movies and we cuddled up together on the couch under a blanket. As the night wore on, I felt myself getting more and more comfortable around him.

At one point, Tom leaned in closer towards me and kissed me gently on the forehead. "I'm so glad that you're here," he whispered. 1 snuggled up even closer towards him, feeling content and happy just being near him.