Chapter 19

A bright light shined through the curtains awakening me from my deep slumber. I laid my head on Jo's chest, letting my hand trail along his stomach and detailing every ab. He twitched and flexed beneath my touch, my hand going deeper into the covers. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the brightness of the room. I remember Jo making love to me before I passed out. A smile curled as I recollected the events and how hot it all was. I sighed in contentment, moving my hand to Jo's chest and rubbing small circles on his skin. His brows knitted as he buried himself deeper beneath the sheets.

"Mmm, good morning, sleepyhead," I whispered, softly capturing his lips. His eyes fluttered open as he realized what I was doing.

It only took a second before Jo hovered over me again and passionately kissed me back, his hands holding my hips. We stayed in this position for a minute, embracing each other. I felt as happy as I could be. A wide child-like smile on my face as I giggled with every teasing Jo would say or do to me. I was finally truly happy.

"Is your back sore?" Jo asked and slid a hand to the base of my back.

Fuck, I am sore. I couldn't feel it when Jo and I played, but now that he mentioned it, I could sense the heat rising and a stinging feeling pulsing through my spine. I flinched when Jo moved his hand higher up, caressing my skin.

"I'll be okay. I'm just going to have to get used to you," I chuckled.

Upon rising off the bed with Jo carefully observing my every move, I managed to get some pants on. There was a shockwave of pain, but I brushed it off; not to worry, Jo.

"Remind me what day it is." The shirt I wore the day before lay sprawled on the ground and wrinkled from staying overnight in the same position. I wanted to wear that shirt again, but the thought of having the same rag on me felt strange, so I decided on Jo's oversized hoodie.

"It's Monday," Jo replied, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead softly, "why?"

"I was just wondering cause my parent's anniversary is- today." I froze, squeezing my eyes shut.

When I thought everything was perfect, something had to ruin it. I knew if I didn't call my mother, she would flip her shit. I palmed Jo's chest and gently leaned against it, sighing. Jo is aware of my relationship with my parents. He's seen them treat me like garbage firsthand and make excuses for why.

"This is the last time I am ever buying you a present! Do you understand me!?" My mom yelled from across the kitchen with a spatula swinging, "I have had enough of your shit, boy. The disrespect I have gotten from you this past year is unacceptable!"

Jo was sitting in the living room waiting for me so we could go to the park. I'd asked my mom for five dollars for Jo and me to get something to drink at the little market down the road from our house. I made sure to be polite in asking and even told my mother I would pay her back, but she took it a completely different way. She and my father had previously fought before I'd brought Jo to my house, and I guessed I was getting the lash back.

"You know what, no, you can't have my money. Do you know how much I paid for you? I ensured you were fed, that your ass was wiped, and that you wore clothes," she hissed, pointing the spatula in my direction.

"I'm sorry, mom. I won't ask again." This was my way to make her stop yelling at me.

"Oh, so now you're making me the bad guy? I'm nagging at you right now because you don't appreciate what I do for you." The venom that seeped through her teeth as she said those conniving words felt like knives piercing through my skin.

That was always her excuse that I never appreciated her for what she did for me. But she doesn't understand that I never asked to be brought into this world, let alone be treated like total garbage for things I never did.